Photos! My iguanas new cage - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 01:04 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Unhappy My iguanas new cage

He can get out of it... so hes only in here till i go to bed. were gonna get plexiglass to put on the doors. we put wood around it. im not that good at taking pictures lol..

below is when we were still working on it

wow it looks like one big picture here! lol its actually 2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 01:42 AM
Zoo Keeper

Is that a crittertrail? I love them SO much also could you use mesh to allow air flow?

Proud Mommy to-
Cat: Emma
Rats: Apollo, Yuki, Ember, Mei
Hamsters: Kodi, Bear, Koda, Abbi

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 01:57 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

its a "ferret nation" lol i took out the middle piece to give him more room but its kinda open at the top cause of the lights.. i guess i could drill some holes in the wood? i didnt really think about air flow lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 04:44 PM
is a little "special"

Looks awesome!! I bet he loves it!

For airflow, I've seen people use pegboard like this for the sides:

Or you could put some vents in it. You can use normal squar vents, and the little circular ones tend to be pretty popular too (I have circular ones in my viv).

I would do that for the sides, and put some screen or plexiglass on the front part. For the top, get some 1/4" wire grid stuff, because your lamps will melt plexiglass or screening.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

well tomorrow were going to the hardware store to get things to improve it. right now i have a piece of left over wood covering most of the top.

at least itll be easy to get the wood back on now.. getting it on there was such a pain

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Zoo Keeper

Hardware cloth is what You need for the top

Proud Mommy to-
Cat: Emma
Rats: Apollo, Yuki, Ember, Mei
Hamsters: Kodi, Bear, Koda, Abbi

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 10:46 AM
Betta Bomb

Nice get up! Wow, he's small though!! There's some dude who walks around in the summer here with his iggy on his shoulder and a harness. He lets it walk around in the park. But his iggy is like for sure 30 lbs! It's bigger than his shoulders sure!! LOL How old is yours?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

i dunno but ive had him since February i think lol

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 02:08 PM
Resident Zoologist

It is a nice cage, but how do you maintain humidity, and how rust-proof is that cage?

G. A. Christian Bilou, Herpetologist
Aquarist since 1971
Director, Reptile Rescue Alberta (Est. 1994)

Past-president, Calgary Aquarium Society (Est. 1951)

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 02:35 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

i just mist it 2 or 3 times a dya.. it stays pretty humid in my room as it is for some reason. and i dunno. the wire is coated with something

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 04:57 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

its powder coated which is really rust proof... unless it gets scratches which is fairly hard to do, and then you can touch up with nailpolish if you really have to. But it shouldn't be a problem

[/CENTER]

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 12:21 PM
Resident Zoologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendalle View Post
its powder coated which is really rust proof... unless it gets scratches which is fairly hard to do, and then you can touch up with nailpolish if you really have to. But it shouldn't be a problem
The main cage parts may be, but the connections, hardware, and bar insides (where those holes in the bars go to) are not, I guarantee it. Watch for rust, it is quite toxic.

So what are your plans for when he is 6'+?

G. A. Christian Bilou, Herpetologist
Aquarist since 1971
Director, Reptile Rescue Alberta (Est. 1994)

Past-president, Calgary Aquarium Society (Est. 1951)

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toirtis View Post
The main cage parts may be, but the connections, hardware, and bar insides (where those holes in the bars go to) are not, I guarantee it. Watch for rust, it is quite toxic.

So what are your plans for when he is 6'+?
were building a cage from plans from this book i bought

Tags
cage, cool, iguana, wood