Photos! my very own beardie - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Wink my very own beardie

not sure where to start i have never really been interested in the reptile life forum iv transported a few from bad homes to a reptile rescue and even have baby sat a few about 3 years ago while transporting an older beardie i couldnt help think how cute he was. I was a little nervous transporting him as he looked so fragile and then as the days grew of helping the home based rescue with him i became more attached sadly he passed away not long after reaching the rescue I started reading more info because I wanted to no what had happened to my little buddy still not sure till this day but became more informed over the past two years about beardies and started to want one. The other day while browsing through for sale ads I came across a beardie for sale they wanted 200 for him i thought for sure hed be out of league but decided to go see him anyways I fell inlove with him poor little guy and I saw this as his owner had no knowledge of what to do with him or how to feed him. She asked if I was interested and I said of course but That I simply couldnt afford 200 dollars at that moment and left (I do have a bunch of money saved up for emergency vet trips ect) after asking our very lovley jess a little more info as she is the lizard queen of this site hehe I got an email from the lady who I had gone to see for the beardie she emailed me yesturday or the day before saying that If I could pick him up (today which is saturday) that I could have him . I was soooo happy that I messaged our lovley jess . Today I went and picked up a tank and a few other little things for him as well as picking him up. I havent thought of a name yet for him im open to ideas if you guys have any I was gonna name him Ike but he doesnt seem like an Ike he is a year old male beardie Iv added some pics of him that his owner had sent me . I have cleaned out the sand since these pics and have just been letting him rest and thought I would share with you guys/girls Meet my Beardie

P..s my boyfriend wants to name him Dragon even thou he *claims* he doesn't like him but spends all his time stairing at him when he thinks im not looking.. regardless to say that names not happening

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous

Last edited by Nibbler; 01-16-2011 at 01:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 07:36 AM
Hello Earthling

Congrats!!!

Good thing you took out the sand and if you haven't already take out the heat rock, those things are dangerous and can cause serious burns.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 07:56 AM
RAT ADDICT

Congrats! He's a cutie.
I love those guys.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 03:41 PM
is a little "special"

Caongrats, he is beautiful!
Definatly throw out the sand and heat rock. :/ Those are no-nos. It kinda looks more like mud than sand though...? Odd.
LOL, your boyfriend will come around! Its impossible not to like them!
And Im glad my advice helped you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 08:37 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

I love his color, hes gorgeous!
Congrats!

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 03:32 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

iv offically decided to name him Jasper

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 10:50 AM
is a little "special"

Awesome! I love that name. I almost called Dudley Jasper

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."

Tags
beardie