need advice on breeding turtles and frogs and lizards - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up need advice on breeding turtles and frogs and lizards

hey, how are we all? I just need some advice on breeding these three creatures any more advice and suggestions I need to know also how long does it take for a puppy to go into a petshop and now you are probley wondering why I am asking this because I am doing an animal tech course and I need all the info I need into completing it so just give me the best advice on what you can say to me if so show me a pic of your turtles I would love to see them
anyways thanks very much if you can give me the best information on these animals, love ya. and by the way you dont need to tell me everything because I am already studying it and got books on it laterz....ty "thank you" just need the best advice possible anything else I have missed...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 11:00 AM
Herp Nerd

There isn't much generic advice one can give, every species has different requirements for successful care and breeding. Short of do your research and make sure you meet the needs of whatever species you choose, I'm not exactly sure what else to say.

Breeding aquatic turtles can be difficult, because they need water, and a significant area of land to bury their eggs on. Breeding amphibians can be a difficult prospect, you have to make sure the water is well aerated, and the right temperature at all times, plus tadpoles can sometimes be frustrating to feed as they usually prefer native algaes, but again, that depends on which species is chosen... read up.

She sits in her corner, singing herself to sleep.
Wrapped in all of the promises, that no one seems to keep.