New Vorax Gecko Pics.. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 11:44 PM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

Talking New Vorax Gecko Pics..

Heres few pics of Lena & Stinky Voraz geckos, took few while cleaning there cage today... ENJOY!!!

First up belly pics, they love to hang upside down from the glass.... I love them toe pads...

Enter House At Own Risk Tarantulas Loose Everywhere... Critter Freak!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

again... This one is the male Stinky...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 11:51 PM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

Lena, stinky above her.. check out them toes.. there toe claws move seperate from the pads...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

RRRRRRR this pic came out blurry boooohoooo... Stinky...

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

Lena's body pattern i think its very cool and pretty.. they can change color from light grayish to dark chacolate color

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-19-2003, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

Cassie took this one with me petting Lena, shes very sweet on the other hand he's not.. LOL!! shes very soft like velvet.. Here she is in shed.. notice the color change... Cassies one hand shakes so the pic is flunky but hey she tried...

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-19-2003, 12:08 AM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

The grayish over cast is her going thru shed...Here again on my arm..

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-19-2003, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

:bfly: Last one, these gex are not tiny by any means.. they still have some growing to do.... Stinky in a light color phase, here again you can see the seperate toe nails...

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-19-2003, 12:16 AM

They look like they are cuddlers. Great group of pictures. Thanks once again for sharing.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-19-2003, 12:51 AM

Those are neat little guys! Are they easy to house/ take care of?
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-19-2003, 01:58 AM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

They are very easy to care for and house.. They need no special heatting or lighting.. They do need a roomy cage with lots branches and fake vines or plants for hiding.. There temps should be around the 79 range or alittle cooler 77 they do not tolerate heat above 80.. As for light something that might put out alittle heat like a small watt bulb at one end of the cage.. use one thats dim.. Also they like tall cages.. They eat baby food from the jar, like Hawiian delight, peaches, apricots, melons, mangos, tuti fruiti, and also turkey or chiken, they will take crix, mealies, wax worms and mice pinkies... They will also drink from a water dish, you have to mist a part of there cage 3 times a week for humidity and also for them to lap the water from the glass or plant leafs.. Also supply calcium powder in there food.. I use a vitamin/calcium powder 3 times a week mixed right in with the baby food... Females make more tame pets than males and most Vorax dont tame all that well, Lena is a exception as i have been handling her since we got her.. Also they can drop there tail or slouth there skin when frightend, i have been lucky mine never have.. But they make very very great personable pets... They are very fast also.. can reach over 12 inches in total body tail lenght... They are capable of changing colors very quickly, from bark gray light phase to brownish green to brown tan to dark brown.. its very intresting.. To house to you need atleast a 29gal tank or larger, males will bully females and its best to keep one of each or one pair... They call alot mainly the male does and its very cool to here....

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-19-2003, 07:47 AM

Very interesting! Great pictures too!
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-19-2003, 08:50 AM

Hey Cuda! Sounds like the care of a Crested Gecko. Actually exactly how I care for my Crested. I think Lena is so pretty. Thanks for sharing.
You go girl your just letting all your information loose!
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-19-2003, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

:bfly: I am more than happy to share everything of our family babies with everyone.. Heres a pic of there make shift cage, alot of our rescues were housed in leaker or throw away tanks, my oldest daughter is always commin over with tanks she finds, dont matter if the have a crack in um as long as the glass is still in place... This is a 32 hexagon tank, crack in glass make shift top... but hey it works... I have one side coverd with a black shirt...

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-19-2003, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

Alittle closer, notice Lenas head up on the top left hand side, now when i get closer to the tank she comes down to visit me, Stinky is on the rock under the branch..

Tags
crested gecko, dark brown