Raw skin after bad shed. Help - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Raw skin after bad shed. Help

My just looked in on my Leopard Gecko, She shed a few days ago, and now her nose (right aboue her mouth) raw, and kind of bloody.
I can see the dead skin from her shed right next to the raw red spot.

What do I do to help her?
Or is it not that big of a deal?
I'm thinking maybe just getting a wet paper towel and dabbing the red spot. Would that work?

I'm just really nervous, I lost my dog, and snake last year just 10 days apart from each other. I dont want to take any chances.

"I Knew It Wasn't Berkowitz!!!!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 03:42 PM

if the dead skin is very loose you can pull it off. but if its hard to come off atall then dont forse it. if you give her alot of humidity it should come off. if she dont go into the humid hide on her own then put her in and block off the exit so she have to stay. but after like 2 mins open it again and she will probably relise the humidity is help but if she dont then atleast she got some condense water on her skin.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 06:57 PM

ok sorry i forgeted to say the reason probably raw is because shes trying to get the skin off with no humudity so shes rubbing it alot. also i have seed leos in small tanks in petstore have rubbed nasal scales becuase they are going crazy from the small spase rubbing the noses on the glass trying to get out. but for you thats probably not it. i could be a respitory infektion which is more serius so look out for slime or goo stuff comeing out from her nose. hope your leo is ok!