Say Prayers for Wink~ Might get eye removed tomarrow - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Say Prayers for Wink~ Might get eye removed tomarrow

So, 2 months ago I rescued my baby beardie Wink from being put to sleep because he has an eye abscess. He had been doing wonderful untill about 2 days ago...
I noticed that he wasnt as enthusiastic about eating as he usually is, but we had been out of crickets and I thought he was just bored of what I was feeding him. Sometimes he just has "off" days where he doesnt eat as much, so I wasnt too worried.
Well, yesterday I noticed abscess had moved. Its always been in the front corner of his eye and took up about half the space in there, and you could see some of the normal eye in the back corner. Now its shifted, and its right in the middle, taking up the whole eye. Its coming out a little too, so he cant close that eye and its looking red and dried out And hes been even less eager to eat.
I called the vets yesterday, but they didnt have time to get back to me so I called again today... The vet sounded worried about him, and she said he is probably in alot of pain, wich is why hes losing his appetite. So at 4:00 PM tomarrow, he is going in. She will probably try to remove some of the abcess, and maybe his whole eye.
Im so worried about him! Hes my little scaley baby and I dont want to lose him! He always makes me laugh, and has the best little personality.
He just hit 9 inches, and I was feeling so proud of him for getting so big. I hope everything goes OK tomarrow
I have 4 tests at school, and a Behind-The-Wheel driving lesson at 5:00. What a stressful Friday its going to be...

Wish my little Camera-Hog luck <3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 07:23 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Praying for him! I hope all goes well, he's such a cutie! Good Luck Wink!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 09:05 PM
Hello Earthling

He is a cutie and I am sure he'll put through just fine especially withthe fact that he has been with you and able to gain strength for two months.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 10:11 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

crossing my fingers for him!!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 11:20 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Good luck Wink!! I really hope it all goes well.

Maureen

Six new rats
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Update:
Ok, so his appetite has improved and he acually ate pretty good last night.
When I talked to the vet, I guess there was a misunderstanding because she was just going to decide if he needed surgery, but not do it that day. I thought that she said she was going to do it right away, but I guess not.
So now Im just really confused and disapointed. Everything is on hold right now, and Im just going to see how he does over the weekend on go from there. I was kinda looking forward to getting it all taken out so I could get this all over with!
Im also getting confused on the cost of all this... There are 2 vets that work there (They are husband/wife) and one told me that he would just do it for free, and I think the other vet was going to charge me something, but she didnt know how much it would be. They give me a 20% discount because I observe there, but sometimes a get free checkups and stuff too.
So now I dont know what this is going to cost either, or if its going to cost anything. Ill keep you all updated- I just need to figure this all out before I say anything more!

Oh, and Winkie says thanks for caring so much about him!

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 10:33 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Man, that would be cool if it was free! What a deal!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-24-2009, 07:48 AM
Hello Earthling

Hopefully they'll fix him up soon. And hopefully maybe they'll do it for free

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-24-2009, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Yeah, it would be great if it was free, so thats what Im hoping for. Winks doing alot better now than he was 2 or 3 days ago, so I think Ill wait a while for the surgery if I can. Its for sure going to be done when he is 6 months old, because they do better under anethetic when they are older/bigger.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-24-2009, 06:27 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

When is he 6 months? Soon, or pretty far away?
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

He is 3 months now, so in Jan. or Feb. he will probably have surgery.

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 06:00 PM
RAT ADDICT

Oh no,good luck vibes sent to you and Wink.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *

Tags
abscess, bearded dragon, surgery