Selling BeardedDragon, need help! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-11-2016, 12:18 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Selling BeardedDragon, need help!

Hey guys. Here's my story with my beardie:I've had him for 3 years. When I asked my mom if I could have one I was actually about to ask for a bunny. Before I even asked she said I couldn't have one. I was 8 at the time and was nervous and didn't know what to say, so I told her "No, could I have a bearded dragon?" She said okay. I accepted it and figured it might be cool. The problem was, that wasn't the pet I really wanted. And I'm very sensitive about that kinda of stuff. I got him and the first week he was fun of course. The slowly he kinda got boring. I would take him out of his cage and he would just sit there, or walk around. and I never told my mom what I had really wanted. I grew out of the bunnies and grew into my passion for snakes. I asked my mom if I could get one and she promised me I could have one after my beardie had passed away. She also told me I could sell him, but not get a new pet right after, because it would be a waste of money. It's been about a year since I asked and I have enough money to buy my own pet. So I thought: "maybe I could sell my beardie and buy my own pet with my own money." Another reason I want to sell him is, because I don't have a passion for beardie or lizards, he's not having as much as a happy life as should have. And I don't think it's fair.

What do you guys think? I'm an introvert and it's extremely hard for me to ask my mom something like this. But it's worth a try Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 02:52 PM
Newborn Pup

I am a firm believer that if you don't want/like the pet you have then re-home it to someone who will enjoy it and take care of it properly. I know even though you don't want your Beardie you want a good home for it because you obviously care for it. I would advertise your Beardie on any local sites or newspapers and see if you get someone that is interested. Make sure you quiz them on what they know of the Beardie before you sell it to them though, and give them any tips/ideas you have from owning the Beardie in the past.

As for getting the new pet, snakes are wonderful to own (I have a corn snake) but you also need to know what it involves in owning one. Do your research and make sure it's alright with your parents
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleshia View Post
I am a firm believer that if you don't want/like the pet you have then re-home it to someone who will enjoy it and take care of it properly. I know even though you don't want your Beardie you want a good home for it because you obviously care for it. I would advertise your Beardie on any local sites or newspapers and see if you get someone that is interested. Make sure you quiz them on what they know of the Beardie before you sell it to them though, and give them any tips/ideas you have from owning the Beardie in the past.

As for getting the new pet, snakes are wonderful to own (I have a corn snake) but you also need to know what it involves in owning one. Do your research and make sure it's alright with your parents
thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 03:47 PM
Newborn Pup

No problem