Updates on Wink the beardie (Potential surgery on Wed) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Thumbs up Updates on Wink the beardie (Potential surgery on Wed)

So, I thought I would just let everyone know how Wink is doing!

I joined a beardie forum, to thats where all of my questions have been lately. They are very helpful! Today I bought Wink a really good ReptiSun UVB light, and he seems to really like it! He is eating great- 15-30 crickets a day, along with Collard greens, Mustard greens, Dandalion leaves, Kale, and Romain lettuce. He loves to lick fruit too, but he wont eat it LOL. Hes a weirdy

And I finally figured out that Wink acually has a pretty big abcsess in his eye, wich is pushing his eye ball back into his scull (yes, he acually has a perfectly good eye that he can see with!). On Wendesday, he is going in at 9:00 AM to have it looked at again, and probably remove it, unless the vet wants to wait untill hes older. Im really worried about him going under anethetic, but it must be horribly painfull to have and abscess bigger than your acual eye! Poor baby.

Oh, and Im 99% sure Im keeping him!! Im really ecxited for him to grow up! Im going to buy a harness for him and take him everywhere LOL Hes such a little sweet heart <3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 06:56 PM
Hello Earthling

Hopefully the abscess can be removed without to much trouble.

post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 06:58 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Hope surgery goes well! And I am so glad to hear that you are [99%] keeping him! Yay for WINK!

By the way- I <3 that name! It really fits a lizard

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 07:16 PM
RAT ADDICT

Great to hear how he is doing!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Thanks for the update on little Wink! I really hope that you can get that abscess taken care of. Best of luck with everything!

Maureen

Six new rats
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 02:04 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Oh Jess!! That is fantastic!!! I knew Wink would thrive in your care!!! I can't wait for pics of him on a leash with you!! LOL Hope the surgery goes smoothly!

Mandy

Happily owned by:
Baby--female calico kitty
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Mr. Squeakers--male guinea pig
Phineas--male guinea pig

RIP Patches. You were the sweetest hamster I've ever known. There will never be another like you.

RIP sweet little Bugsy. We didn't know you long, but we loved more than you could have known. Sleep sweet little one.

RIP little Sammy. Thanks for 2 and a half wonderful years! You had a long happy life and we miss you more than you know. Play hard, sweetie...

post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I hope everything goes smoothly!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 08:18 AM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Thanks! I leave for the vets in 20 mins, and Im really worried. The abscess looks like its starting to drain/get weak spots, so its probably good that we are going in when we are.... I dont think it would be very good for Wink to get pus (or whatevers in that thing) all over his eye.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 08:22 AM
RAT ADDICT

Awwww...good luck!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 01:44 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

How's Wink?

Mandy

Happily owned by:
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Phineas--male guinea pig

RIP Patches. You were the sweetest hamster I've ever known. There will never be another like you.

RIP sweet little Bugsy. We didn't know you long, but we loved more than you could have known. Sleep sweet little one.

RIP little Sammy. Thanks for 2 and a half wonderful years! You had a long happy life and we miss you more than you know. Play hard, sweetie...

post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Well, I guess I didnt have anything to worry about, because he wont be having the surgery for another 6 months! Whew!
Theres definatly some sort of abscess or puss in his eye, but he is too tiny for it to be removed with out damaging his eye. So we are going to wait until he is bigger so it can be done more safely, and he can hopefully keep his vision! Untill then he is going to be on antibiotics so whatevers in his eye might just go away. I now have ANOTHER Baytril addict to deal with! Haha
He gained another gram too- hes 10.4 now. Im glad that he is growing!
Hes really cranky now... I dont think he liked his morning, although he loves watching out the window on car rides LOL. Hes like a teeny tiny dog!

post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 03:58 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I hope it just heals on its own!! Poor Wink had a rough morning!

Mandy

Happily owned by:
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Phineas--male guinea pig

post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

you will love having a beardie, that is exactally what people think of them as, scalely dogs, they even some come when called. plus they don't bark but they do eat live food. Rambling... lol.

Glad things are looking up for the lil guy.

[/CENTER]

post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendalle View Post
you will love having a beardie, that is exactally what people think of them as, scalely dogs, they even some come when called. plus they don't bark but they do eat live food. Rambling... lol.

Glad things are looking up for the lil guy.

LOL, Im loving how quite he is... All my other animals in my room are SO loud, him and Millie are they only quite ones!
His food is kinda expensive though- at least $5 a week on crickets, and then money for his greens too. At least he is growing!

post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 02:06 PM
Hello Earthling

Have you thought of breeding your own food?? Or ordering it from the internet??

Tags
bearded dragon, eye abscess