What time? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Smile What time?

Hey all,

Just an update/question here....

So its been a while since I wrote about Guy's progress. He is great! My boyfriend and I actually decided to leave him alone for a while, since he would constantly jump out of our hands, onto hardwood floors, would jump for feet! We literally didn't handle him for months.

The other week, I decided that I was going to let my 6 year old cousin watch him for Thanksgiving break, as I didn't want to haul his cage everywhere with me. When I was there setting up my cage and explaining everything, I decided to take him out and handle him for a while, and show my cousin and my aunt that he's not a scary monster! Anyways, he was so sweet! Not a whole lot of jumping, although it was a new place and he was very wary!

Since then, I have been taking him out almost every time I am home (I'm not around much, but I come around to feed him and check up on my roommates) and he's mostly been a doll! I put him in my shirt one cold day, and zipped up a jacket over top of him. Well, I peeked inside and he was visciously biting a wrinkle in my shirt! I had to laugh, he was attacking that thing like I have never seen. He has also taken to crawling into my hair, which he then likes to get stuck in and it is a fiasco getting his sticky fingers untangled from my hair! But he's right back up there again next chance he gets.

Anyways, to my question, what time of day does everyone handle their lizards! Guy is nocturnal (obviously) and he jumps around and generally moves a lot faster at night, which in turn we move faster, and I have to remember to slow it down so he doesn't get stressed. But in the day, I feel like I am just ambushing him by waking him up and saying play with me! What's your strategy? Does anyone have a designated time?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 06:42 AM
Hello Earthling

See all he needed was a bit of time to adjust and grow.

I don't have a particular time that I take my geckos at, usually I just take them out when I need to for weighting, health exams etc... I TRY though to only take them out in the evening when they are starting to wake up, but if I need them out earlier I just wake them up.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 10:09 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I only handle my gecko when I need to clean his cage, weigh him, etc. But I do aim for evening time since I don't like waking him up.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.