why us? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
PT's Resident Hermit

why us?

one of our many friends in our neighbor decided to stop by. in his coat (IN THE MIDDLE OF WINTER!) he had a iguana that he bought three weeks ago. after my mom handling the iguana, who was alot nicely and friendier then our last one, she stated that it was too cold(the iguana) and told me to go get our heat laps and rocks from our shed. when i returned with any thing we hooked the iguana up. our friends dad came over (he was flaming mad) and top our friend that he has one hour to move out of the house. our friend leaves and he left behind his iguana! so i guess our family just took in another animal. now he knew he was leaving behind his iguana he could have told us we would have brought out our huge tank to safely secure the iguana over night. right as i write this my brother and father was bring out our tank, did i mention theres snow and a fine layer of ice out side? i just hope they dont drop it, its pretty heavy.
i will post pictures of the iguana soon, after we figure out a name for it.

Kayla

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Proud Member of

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 07:10 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

wow that's bad that your friend did that. Lucky you have all the equipment for the poor little thing.

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 07:13 PM

Awww a Iguana they are great pets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
PT's Resident Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy
not our first iguana. she was EVIL, she hated me and i hated her. i guess thats what we get for buying from a petstore. but this one seemed to be handled more and is alot friendlier

Kayla

Proud Member of

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 08:35 PM
Adolescent Pup

Welll all I can say is: That iguana is l u c k y to have Y O U!

*Corina's Critter World*

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
PT's Resident Hermit

well right before everyone decided to go to bed (expect me) he came back for her. to help me out we just gave him everything we had. even our book for dummies on iguanas. and we told him that we will take her in if she ever needs a home.

Kayla

Proud Member of

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 09:39 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

That's good that he came back, I think. Did he mean to leave her there or did he "forget" her?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 10:02 PM
Formerly Known as oreos_my_hedgie

geeeeez, you are so nice for giving him all your stuff!that iguana deserved you!

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
PT's Resident Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millimi
That's good that he came back, I think. Did he mean to leave her there or did he "forget" her?
i dont know, i think he just wanted her in a safe place while he sorted things out wiht his family. but she always has a welcomed home here.

Kayla

Proud Member of

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 11:55 PM
Herp Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy
Iguanas actually rarely make good pets. It takes a very special kind of owner, and a very concentrated effort on good care. Between their common attitude problems, multitude of natural weapons, and specialized lighting and dietary needs they are definitely not a good pet for the vast majority of people out there. They are by far the most dumped reptile pet, rescues are overflowing with them and they are almost impossible to place.

I sure hope things go well for her.

Rav

She sits in her corner, singing herself to sleep.
Wrapped in all of the promises, that no one seems to keep.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 03:40 PM
Alika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravnos
Iguanas actually rarely make good pets. It takes a very special kind of owner, and a very concentrated effort on good care. Between their common attitude problems, multitude of natural weapons, and specialized lighting and dietary needs they are definitely not a good pet for the vast majority of people out there. They are by far the most dumped reptile pet, rescues are overflowing with them and they are almost impossible to place.

I sure hope things go well for her.

Rav
Yup! Well said!