Will Provide Housing For Green Iguana Hatchlinsgs - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Thumbs up Will Provide Housing For Green Iguana Hatchlinsgs

i will take green iguana hatchlings off of your hands for free iguana cages arent needed but would be nice to have, i will also take other iguana hatchlings as long as their pretty young will possibly pay for shipping + handling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 04:57 PM
Hello Earthling

You do understand the amount of care an iguana needs?

post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 07:55 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

and more then one would be a disaster? Plus no one that i know of breeds them.

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Question

yes i know the needs i studied HOURS just to look up proper iguana needs why do you have some?
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolin View Post
yes i know the needs i studied HOURS just to look up proper iguana needs why do you have some?
Yes, Kendalle has plenty of iguana experience and owns a beautiful adult.

I think people are just concerned as to why you're trying to get multiple hatchlings when they can't live together, need a ton of space, etc.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I suggest you go find one in the shelter if you know your stuff about iguanas

[/CENTER]

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 09:05 PM
Curmudgeon

I'm just curious why the original poster is looking for iguana hatchlings?

To breed when they become adults? ..as pets? ...to rescue them? ...iguana soup?

Bob

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"
I think, therefore I drive fast.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 02:34 AM
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolin View Post
I'm worried about the 'hours' remark. I studied for seven years before actually contacting the bird breeder. I've heard little about iguana's but what I have heard is insane so hours probably won't even cut it close.

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 03:56 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

well you can study for hours, i read the best book out there in probably 20 hours, but then you get one, and you feel clueless.

[/CENTER]

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 04:15 AM
Adolescent Pup

I think that happens with every animal XD

For something as complicated as an iguana (and seeing the comments here) I would assume hours wouldn't be a good idea. Years, maybe, lots of money... etc.

post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 01:46 PM
is a little "special"

I agree, you need more than hours for a pet like an iggy. Even after you do research for hours, there will be alot of small details that you most likely wont know: Like, What brand and type of UVB light will you be using? Some UVB lights are great, but most of them will end up harming alot of lizards.

Personally, I would adopt an adult instead of a hatchling. Raising baby lizards isnt all its cracked up to be, and its especially difficult if your a newbie with the species. There are TONS of iguanas on Petfinder, Craigslist, ect that need homes.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

guys i just wanted one iguana hatchling or more if you had them to keep as a pet i didnt want replys on how im not good enough for an iggy and replies that put me down i just wanted someone that wants to get rid of their hatchling
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 04:55 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

well the fact that you want only a free ig is worry some in itself.

[/CENTER]

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 05:04 PM
is a little "special"

If you want someone to give you an iguana, you need to post some things about your set up, why you want one, and what you know about them... Most people wont give their reptiles to just anyone. To be honest, saying that you will only take free ones implies that you cant afford to pay for one, or that you might even use it to feed another larger reptile. If you cant pay and adoption fee, how will you feed it? Replace UVB lights every 6 months? Pay vet bills?

I hope you understand that we arent attacking you or anything, but "I want a few free baby iguanas" sounds a little suspicious.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

im not feeding a reptile or anything i just really want an iguana which shows to say that ill be good to him/her and i want to raise it myself thats why i want a hatchling i just want someone to reply that needs a baby iguana off their hands

Tags
taking iguana hatchlings