Photos! Wink's Picture Thread!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Talking Wink's Picture Thread!!

Instead of making a new thread every time I want to post new pics of Wink, I thought I would just make a massive thread of Wink pictures, so i can keep them all together and everyone can see his progress.

I brought him home on August 11th, 2009. He was about 5-6 inches long.
Here he is the morning after I got him:

Here he is on the 17th, hanging out on my thumb. This is still one of my all-time favortite pics of him!

September 22nd, and 9 inches long:

October 5th... The last picture I took of him where he was still small enough to be on my thumb!

November 29th... Im pretty sure he was 12 inches.

And the most recent pics, January 14th, at 15 inches and 6 months old!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

And just for fun, some of my favorite pictures of him. (Besides the thumb and the gaping pic)

Ill keep this thread updated with new pictures as he grows!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 02:07 PM
Hello Earthling

He was a tiny little bugger but now he is getting so big. Your doing a great job caring for him.

I can't wait for new pictures.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 12:19 AM
Amateur Zookeeper

He is such a cute little babe! With his giant head

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 12:33 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

How big will he get, do you know?
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Thanks everyone!
Winks kinda small for his age, so Im guessing he will be about 18 inches full grown. Id be suprised if he got much over that. Most can get up to 2 feet long, and even bigger. So I will have myself a little pocket sized beardie! I saw some really cute full grown owns at the reptile store (they take in unwated reptiles) and they were not much bigger than Wink, but super cute and chubby with even bigger heads. I wanted them, LOL! <3
I have to give Wink his deworming meds today, so well see how that goes. The vet gave him te first dose, so I havent tried giving it to him yet.

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 01:22 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

No idea why he's smaller than average?
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Oh, its because he is originally from Petco, and because of his issues when he was a baby. Petco animals obviously have aweful breeding, and genetics play a big role in beardie size. Any beardie you get from a chain store will be alot smaller than a beardie you get from a reputable breeder.
They also wont grow when they are sick or stressed out, so Wink eye infection and not wanting to eat set him back too.

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 02:44 PM
RAT ADDICT

What a handsome man,you know how I love Wink!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 02:54 PM
I am allergic to maths

Does wink know you are plastering his gorgeous little face all over the internet? Im sure he doesnt mind. He has gotten so big!
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 03:15 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Oh, geez, :/ Wow, never knew that.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodentzRule View Post
Does wink know you are plastering his gorgeous little face all over the internet? Im sure he doesnt mind. He has gotten so big!

He wants to be a super star celebrity beardie one of these days, so as his slave, I must help him achieve his dreams.
... Otherwise he will hire Smudge to kill me in my sleep.
They dont put up with unproductive slaves very well.
LOL!
And Im hoping his little story will help keep people from supporting Petco. So, I think he would approve!

And thanks for the compliments!

post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

I re-did Winks viv so he would get closer to his UVB light! I made him a basking platform out of a flower pot and a slate tile LOL!

Hes 16 1/4 inches now, and 7 months old! If I hold him on my hand, with his nose at my finger tips, his tail reaches the crook of my arm! Hes getting to be pretty big! Im guessing he will end up being around 19-20 inches as an adult, so he will be a fairly average size.
He been having a real nasty time with intestinal parasites, but he is getting better now. The meds were really hard on him, so he was on a hungar strike for a few days... Thus the slow growth the past few weeks. He wont eat crickets anymore (Thank God!), so he eats super worms now. Still hates salad though!

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 04:40 PM
Hello Earthling

Fancy I like Great job, and Wink is a cutie as usual.

post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 08:02 PM
Curmudgeon

Jess,

You've done awesome with him. Other Dragons dream of living the "Life of Wink".

My only suggestion would be that you save up for an infrared thermometer and get rid of the one with the wires. Animals have an amazing ability to get themselves tangled up in the things you'd least think possible. Consequently, I try to remove wires and such wherever possible.

...plus, the infra red thermometer looks cooler and is more fun to play with (two very important features IMO).

Bob

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"
I think, therefore I drive fast.

Tags
bearded dragon, growth