*Rambeling* Golden retrievers-I know YOU have them! - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 09:50 AM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Oh Capn! Get a golden !! I just love those dogs!!!!!

~ Jodi ~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 06:05 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

Goldens are awesome...... i'd totally have one

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

We are kind of between on a couple breeds, shelties which seem awesome but since his WHOLE family has collie/sheltie dogs I feel slightly less into them.

Then I like Goldens retrievers...but that is a larger breed and I have read about the arthritis, hip displaysia (spelling there), and then Ray brought up PUGS out of no where, so I am going to research them

The great thing is I can just come on here and rant and rave and bounce stuff around and get feed back from everyone (I really apreciate all your help!) Even Ray asks "well what do they say about...." But then when i tell him about what everyone says on crates and he then has a deaf ear!

Thanks guys for all your help and advice!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 08:46 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Hey everyone's goldens look soooo cute! One day I will have a golden too. Meanwhile, capn can get a golden and invite me over to play with doggy. Don't worry, I can brush & vacuum too.

Life Is Short
Stay Awake For It! Caribou Coffee

post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

That sounds like a deal!

post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-19-2003, 01:38 AM
Incubator Cricket Killer

May I comment on pugs here? Every pug I've met snuffled and snorted and snored and was just an obnoxious breather in general. Often mucosy in the eyes and nose too. They are adorable little dogs and the one's I've seen were almost all well behaved but I could not live with one, the breathing would drive me insane!

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-19-2003, 01:51 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Oh My Gosh Becki
I live with a man who snores and is an obnxious breather in his sleep - if I had to put up with the man *and* the dog doing it - I might have to smother myself!

I knew a pug once - and (not meaning to bad mouth pugs, honest!!) He was a nippy, yippy and drippy little pup...

No offense to pug lovers- really!! But I have to agree with Becki. They really are snorters and snorers!

[center]

[
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-19-2003, 06:59 AM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Quote:
I live with a man who snores and is an obnxious breather in his sleep - if I had to put up with the man *and* the dog doing it - I might have to smother myself!
OMG! Do you live with my husband??!??

~ Jodi ~

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-19-2003, 12:34 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

OMG!! You too!??
Hahahahaha!
He's so used to being poked and growled at, some nights he just goes to sleep in the guest room.
Why do men snore, grunt and breathe like trolls in their sleep? Is it a man thing?

[center]

[
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-19-2003, 03:04 PM
doxiesmom

I know that my hubby would love to have a golden retriever. He grew up with one. They are sooooo beautiful, and intellegent. The problem is that we are renting at the moment. Perhaps once we get our own home. It is pretty hard to rent in the city, with dogs. I was lucky to have my puppers here...but we don't have a big fenced yard...and they are notorious for digging, and the landlord would freak. So for now we just have the doxies...but when we do buy...I will definately get him one. I have a friend that is a breeder...and she is a very very good breeder. So I will know where to find one when the time comes.

post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-20-2003, 11:18 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Capn- your doing the best thing by finding all the pros and cons about every breed your interested in. I'm sure when you come across the right dog for you you'll know . I diffinatly believe in lots of research before running out and buying/adopting a pup or dog.
I knew Goldens were right for me because I worked with them and lots of other breeds , the goldens were just my favorite.

I think pugs are sooo cute when they're puppies! But I don't think I'll ever get one. I fell in love when I saw the movie Milo and Otis!

Last edited by Linda Lee; 08-20-2003 at 11:20 AM.

Tags
black lab, dog training, german shepherd, german shepherds, golden retriever, hip dysplasia