Photos! 20 Giant dog breeds with photos - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

wow the irish wolfhound is big. Oh i love the great dane my mom use to have one called tiny. he was gotten as a retirment peresent for an old longer and told he was a chiuahahua. (the guy was not to bright) a week later he figered it out. So mom kept him when she lived with her parents they had him for about 5 years. He had gotten in to the shed were they hung the deer (mind you this then mom was a teenager and she is 58 know. and he ate it all. Later on he became agressive and the olny thing to do back then becuase there were no close vets is boom with a gun.
I like the ptrenesse I have heard they are very gental giants. wasnt the French mastiff the star of Turner and hootch? the Neapolitan mastiff wasnt that hagrids dog in hary potter they didnt need special effects to make him look big lol.
My friend Joyce had a newffie named abby she was so sweet but not that big she was the runt. She was 8 years old and started to get really snippy with the kids and she bit their little son of 2 so they gave her to a friend that didnt have kids. Come to find out when they were not home they would have friends over and tease her and were teachign the baby to be mean. Also they were caught with some wacky stuff and were blowing it in her face and makign her eat it.
Now she is nice and has no problems with kids and is back to normal. The vet said that she was basicly stoned becuase she showed no signs of illness except for acting phyco. like she snaped. I hate when peopel or kids miss treat animals.
I'm still parshel to the German shapard the German ones the big big ones.
Great pics.
Diamond
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 02:56 AM
Amateur Zookeeper

Beautiful! I would absolutely love to have a dane or a bernese. They are all so gorgeous!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #18 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

I always love big dogs. Bigger is better and enjoyable I think.

TURKISH KANGAL IS NOT A DOG, IT'S A MIRACLE AND DREAM..80-90 cm. HIGH (MALES) AND 70-80 cm. HIGH (FEMALES) USUALLY AND IT'S THE MOST POWERFUL DOG BREED OF THE WORLD.. NO OTHER DOGS OR BIG WOLFS CAN CHALLENGE WITH TURKISH KANGAL.. WHEN IT'S PROTECTING THE HERD WOLFS, BEARS AND LIONS CAN NOT APPROACH TO THE HERD. BECAUSE THEY NEVER WANT TO FIGHT WITH A REAL KANGAL DOG..WHEN IT'S PROTECTING YOUR HOUSE OR YOU, NOONE CAN APPROACH..KANGAL WILL DIE FOR YOU IF NEEDED..SIMPLY THE BEST.. JUST A BEAUTIFUL DREAM..TURKISH KANGAL DOG..MY NUMBER ONE AND ONLY..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 06:20 PM
Lovin' my pack!

Alot of varieties of mastiffs in there,never realized there were that many.My step brother has one,english i think,and it is overweight too!!can you just imagine the size then!! I like big dogs,just not one that weighs more than me!!lol!! I have my 2 am cockers,and my golden sheperd mix,shes 45lbs and thats big enough for me..big breeds are just not for me.

"Not for human consumption"- Peas in a Pod

Visit Peas in a Pod page on Facebook...

post #20 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 08:00 PM
I'm not weird, I'm gifted

I like big dogs, but I prefer when they have a long coat. So the irish wolfhound is among my favorite dogs, and have been for quite a few years
I would never get one though. I do not like that big dogs do not live that long (6-7 years) because of how they are so big, and the bodies just haven't been able to follow the intense breeding.
I'm also so in love with the grand danouis. But again the problem whit age...

If I ever got the space, I would love a newfoundland though. I would want a brown one though.

/Pia

I apologized if my english is not correct
Owned by chinchillas since 1997
Breeding since 2005

<-- Check out my blog for Chinfo
post #21 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 01:03 PM
Part of the Pack

I'm in agreement that bigger is better. Noah will be smaller than I hoped for but if that means he stays with me longer I'm alright with that.

I wonder how much a life span is increased with a good diet and overall good health.

post #22 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 04:19 PM
I'm not weird, I'm gifted

Not that much.
You can't compensate for a small heart in a big dog, no matter how correct you do everything.

/Pia

I apologized if my english is not correct
Owned by chinchillas since 1997
Breeding since 2005

<-- Check out my blog for Chinfo
post #23 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

My top 3 dogs are:
Turkish Kangal:

Caucasian ovcharka:

Turkmen Alabai:

and what is your top dogs? (that you love most)..

TURKISH KANGAL IS NOT A DOG, IT'S A MIRACLE AND DREAM..80-90 cm. HIGH (MALES) AND 70-80 cm. HIGH (FEMALES) USUALLY AND IT'S THE MOST POWERFUL DOG BREED OF THE WORLD.. NO OTHER DOGS OR BIG WOLFS CAN CHALLENGE WITH TURKISH KANGAL.. WHEN IT'S PROTECTING THE HERD WOLFS, BEARS AND LIONS CAN NOT APPROACH TO THE HERD. BECAUSE THEY NEVER WANT TO FIGHT WITH A REAL KANGAL DOG..WHEN IT'S PROTECTING YOUR HOUSE OR YOU, NOONE CAN APPROACH..KANGAL WILL DIE FOR YOU IF NEEDED..SIMPLY THE BEST.. JUST A BEAUTIFUL DREAM..TURKISH KANGAL DOG..MY NUMBER ONE AND ONLY..
post #24 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

And here is top 2 dogs:

Caucasian ovcharka:

Turkish Kangal:

I love these dog breeds...

post #25 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Newborn Pup

Wow, lots of those I've never heard of.

As much as I adore my Pug and think I'll always have to have a Pug in my life, I do have a soft spot in my heart for the giants.

And to think, I used to think of my AmStaff and Foxhound/Rottie mixes as big dogs! :-p

4pawsterity.com
post #26 of 76 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Here is some more beautiful dog breeds,

Turkish Kangal:

German shepherd:

French mastiff:

Rottweiler:

Boxer:

Great dane:

Doberman:

Saint bernard:

Husky:

Dogo argentino:

Collie:

Dalmatian:

Presa canario:

Cane corso:

English mastiff:

post #27 of 76 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 08:18 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Golden retriever:

Labrador:

English Bulldog:

post #28 of 76 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Adolescent Pup

I love big dogs!

1 Amazing Husband
1 Beautiful daughter
3 dogs, 2 Ferrets, 1 cat, 2 Doves 30+ fancy mice,4 turtles,
1 house bunny,55 gallon fish tank
& rescues

post #29 of 76 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 09:23 PM
Lovin' my pack!

I by no means have a dog as big as any of those!!! However,my German Shepherd weighed in at 48 lbs already! He's only 4 months old!!! He's gonna be pretty big!!

"Not for human consumption"- Peas in a Pod

Visit Peas in a Pod page on Facebook...

post #30 of 76 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010, 04:58 PM
Newborn Pup

I love the Irshwolf hound and Saint Bernard .I have a 3 year old S bernard but have always wanted a Irshwolf hound