Photos! 20 Giant dog breeds with photos - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 76 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

South russian ovcharka:

Groenendael:

TURKISH KANGAL IS NOT A DOG, IT'S A MIRACLE AND DREAM..80-90 cm. HIGH (MALES) AND 70-80 cm. HIGH (FEMALES) USUALLY AND IT'S THE MOST POWERFUL DOG BREED OF THE WORLD.. NO OTHER DOGS OR BIG WOLFS CAN CHALLENGE WITH TURKISH KANGAL.. WHEN IT'S PROTECTING THE HERD WOLFS, BEARS AND LIONS CAN NOT APPROACH TO THE HERD. BECAUSE THEY NEVER WANT TO FIGHT WITH A REAL KANGAL DOG..WHEN IT'S PROTECTING YOUR HOUSE OR YOU, NOONE CAN APPROACH..KANGAL WILL DIE FOR YOU IF NEEDED..SIMPLY THE BEST.. JUST A BEAUTIFUL DREAM..TURKISH KANGAL DOG..MY NUMBER ONE AND ONLY..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 76 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Pitbull:

American staffordshire:

TURKISH KANGAL IS NOT A DOG, IT'S A MIRACLE AND DREAM..80-90 cm. HIGH (MALES) AND 70-80 cm. HIGH (FEMALES) USUALLY AND IT'S THE MOST POWERFUL DOG BREED OF THE WORLD.. NO OTHER DOGS OR BIG WOLFS CAN CHALLENGE WITH TURKISH KANGAL.. WHEN IT'S PROTECTING THE HERD WOLFS, BEARS AND LIONS CAN NOT APPROACH TO THE HERD. BECAUSE THEY NEVER WANT TO FIGHT WITH A REAL KANGAL DOG..WHEN IT'S PROTECTING YOUR HOUSE OR YOU, NOONE CAN APPROACH..KANGAL WILL DIE FOR YOU IF NEEDED..SIMPLY THE BEST.. JUST A BEAUTIFUL DREAM..TURKISH KANGAL DOG..MY NUMBER ONE AND ONLY..
post #33 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

TURKİSH KANGAL:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMu0XDarhxc

Turkish Kangal video..

post #35 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 03:23 PM
Lovin' my pack!

Just what I like is getting email notifications for threads like this that haven't been active for almost 6 months!

Don't they get closed after soo long without activity like every other forums do?

"Not for human consumption"- Peas in a Pod

Visit Peas in a Pod page on Facebook...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #36 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 03:54 PM
Part of the Pack

Great Dog only uses this thread for his updates instead of starting up new ones. No, this forum doesn't move threads to read only although it seems to be what the current community would like to have.

I'm curious as to what info the video is providing. I like the Kangal breed. Great Dog, can you give a quick recap for those who don't speak the language?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #37 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-16-2011, 04:41 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

In this video that man gives information about kangal dogs. My english is not so good. He's the owner of this kennel. Kangal is the best sheperd and guard dog..Height is about 80-90cm. It is a family dog..

post #38 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-16-2011, 07:23 PM
Part of the Pack

The Kangal is one of the breeds I looked at before I picked Noah the Akbash/Pyr mix I have. It's always easier to tell people he is a Pyr since it can take so me time to run down all the white guardian dogs there are.

I assume it is normal for the ears to be cut so close to the head? I read once that it was to prevent injuries out in the field or protect from frostbite in cold climates.
post #39 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Also if you are using Turkish Kangal for sheperd dog you can cut ears, because they are fighting with wolfs and bears. To prevent from wounding.

post #40 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 11:01 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rchik13ny View Post
Just what I like is getting email notifications for threads like this that haven't been active for almost 6 months!

Don't they get closed after soo long without activity like every other forums do?
You can unsubscribe to the thread, the e-mails aren't automatic. At some point you probably subscribed for e-mail notifications .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #41 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 07:54 AM
Playful Pup

Love big dogs, but can't get one now.... Tiny house. I love dachsies and giant breeds but can only have my dachsies for now... In the future will have giant breeds though!

post #42 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 04:10 AM
Newborn Pup

crop

Also cropping the ears allows Kangals to hear better, much better in my testing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010828_2.jpg (71.2 KB, 4 views)
post #43 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 04:41 AM
Playful Pup

Awwww lovely pics, I love the Turkish Kangal, Never seen or heard of them before

proud owner of
Sam......3yr old pedigree whippet male
Jasper ande zee......hand reared male feral cats, both black, both brothers, both ENORMOUS 6yrs
Tinkerbelle.....hand reared female tabby cat 2 years, too intelligent for her own good
Cisko.....chinese dwarf hamster app 5 months and very cute

plus 3 baby mice
post #44 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Here is Turkish Kangal to see better..

post #45 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 11:49 AM
Newborn Pup

Thumbnail??

Why the heck are my pics thumbnails?

Trying again for full size pick.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010875_2.jpg (57.9 KB, 2 views)