4 week old puppies - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 03:30 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

4 week old puppies

Well i am now a foster mom to two 4 week old male border collie crosses(i am thinking they are mixed with black lab because of their faces) there were 7 all together and the rest went to another foster home. There were 6 males and 1 female. There mom was killed on the highway on the 14th of this month. She was also a reserve dog so this is the first time they have ever been in the city since they went from a reserve to a large farm. Well the thing is they brought them over monday morning(she was going to bring me milk replacer but didnt have any and she didnt have a chance to get any-we are hopefully gonna get some tomorrow afternoon) so we have just been really soaking down their food. One has semi normal but also very runny poop and the other just has runny poop. My question is them being this young is it normal for having runny poop. I dont want to take them to the vet if its not something that is to serious as they are a rescue and have over 35 dogs on their property and i didnt even want them to worry about the forumla as i would have paid for that myself but she told me to tell the vet tomorrow to tell them to bill the rescue. Other then that they are pretty healthy except the guy with the semi normal poop sneezes a bit but we are keeping an eye on that to see if he still is sneezing or wheezing at all. Also its been awhile me and my fiance are arguing about when they get their first shots in three weeks. He thinks we can take them on walks after their first shots but im saying its their second set of shots that they can start actually trying to go on walks. Even though they are around our dog harley who has all his shots up to date.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 07:03 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

babies normally do have pretty runny poos compared to a dog but it shouldn't be diarriah

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

ok when i stop off at the vets today to pick up the milk replacer and just ask why the one would have more diarrhea then his other brother

Tags
border collies, cuties