8 week old pup won't sleep - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 04:09 AM Thread Starter

8 week old pup won't sleep

My new puppy won't sleep at night. I have had her for 4 nights.. I have tried a hot water bottle, ticking clock, a blanket covered in her mums scent a piece of my own clothing, heating and a radio which I leave on at night.. I have been keeping her in the laundry she has access to food and water and a puppy training pad and she still cries and sulks about 5 times during the night.. What else can I do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 01:22 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

try putting her in ur room, with your hand leading down to her crate, remember to be patient with her this is a new experience for her without her mommy and siblings, so it will take lots of time,

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

She doesn't really need access to food and water at night. it will just cause more accidents. You will probably have to get up at least once in the middle of the night to take her outside and let her potty and then right back in to bed. She won't be able to hold it for 8 hours yet. I would take up the food and water a few hours before bed, play with her for a while for maybe an hour before bed, take her out right before bed and again the first thing in the morning.

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 08:45 PM
Playful Pup

100% on post #3.
Puppies are known for crying the first few nights. I have never had much luck with the old clock or radio tricks. What I do is lay down by the crate like I was going to sleep there. Usually a puppy may fuss a little, but then settle down and go to sleep. Once it is asleep, you can get up and go to bed. That has worked for at least every one of a dozen or more puppies.

Tags
puppy won't sleep