Advice on how to get a 5 y/o bichon to stop barking?? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy Advice on how to get a 5 y/o bichon to stop barking??

Ughhh. Princess is starting to bark in the middle of the night. And my dad thinks that since I trained her, I need to train her to stop barking and have to go downstairs to get her to stop so that she doesn't wake my two sisters, my mom, or him. I'm in school more than half the day, she usually barks at that time, too. My dad doesn't work...
AND he'll leave his alcoholic drinks laying around were she can get to them and will even hurt her.

Anyway, I don't want to be downstairs all night. Any advice on how to get her to stop?? I heard to let her bark maybe 3-4 times and then tell her 'quiet' and call her and reward her...
If it gets worse I might have to move her into my room...

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 02:23 PM

Bichons are a needy breed. They have to be with their owners. At night I kennel Emma ( 2 year old Bichon) and put the kennel by my bed and that stopped her than I moved her away from my bed ever night. Now she sleeps in her kennel in the livingroom with no barking. When your at school try to leave a TV or Radio on for noise also get a stuffed animal just for her. Just a suggestion let me know what happens and Good Luck!

Tags
stuffed animal