agility courses? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
I'll name him Squishy!!

Question agility courses?

I was just wondering if any of your dogs do the agility course things. I would really like to try Zoe in that just for fun really cuz she loves to run and jump. I always have her jump back and forth over my legs and she loves to. I wonder if there are places you could go to practice with them or if it would be better to try to make some activities of my own?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I've been frosted!

Interested in Photography or Art? Want to show off your pictures or artwork? Please join the

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 03:25 PM
Part of the Pack

I help out with basic obedience in my local class but i haven't given Agility a try, have thought about it but my CKCS isn't exactly built for agility .

If your interested, have you thought about contacting your local dog club for information or vets, usually there are clubs for agility and it's very popular so it shouldnt be too hard to find a club or class locally who does some form of agaility.

animalexpert - a life long learner

Qualifications: FdSc AMgt. N.Dip AMgt, and VetMed Cert
Working towards: BSc AMgt, A.Dip AB, Marine Zoology and Herptology
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
I'll name him Squishy!!

that is the what it is called right? like the jump through hoops and going through tunnels and stuff?

I am about to start her in an obedience class in a few weeks and I might talk to the people there and see if they know anything about it. I just dont really want to do it for contests or anything mostly just something fun for her to do to get excersice and stuff.

I've been frosted!

Interested in Photography or Art? Want to show off your pictures or artwork? Please join the

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-29-2005, 07:13 AM
Part of the Pack

Yeah it's called Agility, where your dog goes through hoops and tunnels and stuff, you should do it for fun and have a go at competition. It's a sport but the important thing about it is that you and your dog have FUN over anything else .

Great that your taking your dog to obedience class, you should be able to get plenty of information from the tutors and other members.

animalexpert - a life long learner

Qualifications: FdSc AMgt. N.Dip AMgt, and VetMed Cert
Working towards: BSc AMgt, A.Dip AB, Marine Zoology and Herptology
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-29-2005, 09:53 AM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

We've never done it but of all the obedience stuff I always thought that looked like the most fun. I'm betting my little Chihuahua would be pretty good... Manto (GSD) is too much of a cow to jump over anything! LOL

~ Jodi ~