Am Staff puppies! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Am Staff puppies!

I just got off the phone with the Am Staff breeder Dave and I met last year and was told the female that gave birth last year is going into heat next month and they plan on breeding her! If the breeding is successful, the puppies wouldn't be ready until November which is perfect! All the dams and sires' hips have been tested by the OFA and the puppies come with a health certificate and guarantee. I didn't ask how much they sell the puppies for but I believe it is around $1,000 to $1,500 with a $200 deposit.

I am excited but don't want to get too excited because we have to ask the owners of the apartment. Dave and I can't think of a reason why they would deny us. They know we are exceptionally clean and as far as a dog ruining the floors, they can't say anything because we paid a lot of money for carpeting!

If the owners say no, then at least we can visit the puppies later this year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 03:28 PM
Just Call Me Oblivious!

I hope the owners give you a green light, Denise This is so exciting!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 04:21 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Sending 'let Denise and Dave get their puppy' vibes!!! Good luck!!!!!!! How exciting!!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 04:44 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

Good luck, Denise! It's so awesome that you're having such a postive outlook on this thing no matter if your landlord says yes or no.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 04:47 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Goodluck, i hope it all works out for you and you get your puppy

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 05:27 PM
PT's Troll Hunter

Good luck! Any pictures of the parents to be??

Can't wait to hear updates! I hope your LL says go!

When will you be asking him/her?

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 06:18 PM
Stinky Liverbrain

Good luck with the puppy! I hope you get it, I know you will be able to give him/her a great home!

Dimaris

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 06:42 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Good luck Denise.. I hope it works out?

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 09:50 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

oh denise, i hope you can get one! i can't wait to find out.

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 10:13 PM
Newborn Pup

Good luck and hope you get a puppy! What kind will you be getting?

- Melody

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 11:38 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

melody - an am. staffy ( ). hence the name of the thread. lol! it's short for american staffy.

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 03:12 AM
Newborn Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula86
melody - an am. staffy ( ). hence the name of the thread. lol! it's short for american staffy.
LOL stupid me...I thought Am. Staff was a business and Dave was part of that staff. I haven't heard of this breed is all . I guess I better google it now.

- Melody

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 05:06 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I hope you manage to get a puppy

My handsome Prince

Swirly, Squashy, Squishy, Spot, Star, Slash and Rocky

Indy and Myfanwy

Tilly, Emil, Sonny and Smudge
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 06:08 AM
Stinky Liverbrain

Melody, the complete name of the breed is American Staffordshire Terrier. They are similar to Pit Bulls, but a different breed. 8)

Dimaris

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Thank you everyone for sending positive vibes!

Natalie, I don't want to get too overjoyed because if we are told "no", I don't want to be crushed. I mean I will be crushed but I will be more prepared for it if I have a positive outlook. Did that make sense?

Melody,

Mal, I don't know when we will be asking them. I am kind of nervous. I believe the husband (it is a husband and wife that owns the house) wouldn't have a problem but his wife is another story. The other thing I thought of is if we are allowed to have a dog, they will be worried the other tenants will want one too. But, the people downstairs are never home so it would be unrealistic for them to have a dog and the woman upstairs doesn't seem the type that would be responsible enough for an animal.

Last edited by Denise; 06-23-2005 at 08:51 AM.

Tags
health certificate, pit bull, pit bulls