Argh, Mirra! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Argh, Mirra!

Since I had to work a 12 hour shift today and Jeff works afternoons this week I decided that Mirra and I would stay the night at Jeff's place and I would pick her up on my way home. That way she wouldn't have to stay in the crate quite as long.

I walk in Jeff's house, go into the bedroom to get Mirra and was greeted by the lovely smell of vomit. I have no idea what he fed her, or what the heck happened, but my poor baby puked all over inside her crate. I could tell she felt bad about it. There was also some mushy poop and what looked like part of a plastic bag. Add onto all of that the fact that she's coming into heat, so she must feel terrible all the way around. She hasn't had an accident in the crate since she was about 14 weeks old.

Now I get to be paranoid for the next couple of days about that plastic bag that she may have eaten. She's pooping fine and eating food like normal, so I guess that's a plus for now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 09:35 PM
PT's Official Law Breaker

Aww poor baby, I hope she feels better soon!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 10:16 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

I hope she will be okay!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 10:31 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

aw! i hope she feels better soon. did you ever figure out what happened with the bag?

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 10:32 PM

There are very few times I miss the days of puppy hood My one dog Dolce will occasionally eat the obscure thing if left in her site too long but at least she knows to go puke outside and it rarely ever happens. Poor Mirra, we'll just blame it on Jeff I wouldn't worry if she is still eating normally and pooping normally that is definitely a good sign but I know how you must panic sometimes. Hmmmm while on the subject any chance of some new pictures, she's just so adorable. Oh and not any of her in a pukey crate though.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 07:17 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

If it was the bag that caused her to get sick, hopefully it is all out now.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 07:25 AM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Ohh, poor Mirra! I hope she's feeling better soon!

~ Jodi ~

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

We seem to be back to normal today!

Dena, I actually could post pics of the pukey crate. After 12 hours of working, I just threw it in the bed of my truck, brought it home and carried it into the back yard to be hosed out and scrubbed tomorrow. Thank goodness for spare crates!

Rhonda

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 10:31 AM
PT's Troll Hunter

Ewww... Not sure that I care to see pukey crate pictures either!

I'm glad to hear she's back to normal. And when Dakota goes into heat, she acts miserable at times too. Poor Mirra! ... Hey, btw, what did Jeff think of Mirra's present?

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

He wasn't lucky enough to see it! I guess I'm the lucky one.

Rhonda