Assessing your own dog's health - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Assessing your own dog's health

Although every veterinarian I know recommends a complete, routine physical exam for your dog at least once a year, there are important things that you can check at home to help you to recognize problems early.

The article contains tips on what to look for on a daily and monthly basis. I found it particularly helpful and thought I'd share!

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 03:57 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Thanks for sharing! We have to monitor a lot of the things listed there with Kirby since in the past he has had some weight issues (too skinny). I'm always the one that notices first, though, if something is amiss. Sami just doesn't notice small things like that (even though the poor thing does try).

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 06:35 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Thanks steph that's a great checklist!!! Biscuit has had dandruff again the last couple of days and her eyes just started weeping a little too.....a good reminder to me that I can't be lazy with her and need to get her off the commercial treats again!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy