Attack of the killer BLINDS!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-17-2004, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

Red face Attack of the killer BLINDS!!

Usually my dogs spend their day in the front window...well earlier tonight, Kayla called and asked me if she could borrow the old rabbit cage temperarily. (one of her chins beat up the other one) She has a new cage being shipped but it isn't here yet, so I told her to come over and she could borrow the cage.
Well, when she pulled up in the driveway, Orion was in the window and freaked out with excitement (he loves Kayla). As he turned to run to the front door, he got his clumsy butt caught up in the vertical blinds which freaked him out even more, as he tried to get down off the back of the couch, the blinds came down with him! Tangled as he ran, he dragged the blinds down the hallway and finally freed himself as he hit my bedroom. Sheer panic caused him to jump up on my bed for safety from the evil blinds and he peed all over himself on my bed! Poor guy!
He had only pulled down half the blinds but a few minutes ago, Kali pulled the other half down in her excitement of seeing an ambulance so by...She only dragged her half partway through the living room, not up the steps and down the hallway as Orion had! So, at the moment, I have 2 very tramatized pitbulls who are shaking and hiding under my feet as I type. Poor babies! I think they may think twice before getting up in a window when it's covered in vertical blinds!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-17-2004, 08:45 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

ha ha I bet that was hilarious! The trouble our pups get themselves into sometimes!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-17-2004, 08:46 PM
PT's Resident Hermit

Talking

when i got back in the car my momma asked what was wrong with the dog!! wait till you tell shane! lol

Kayla

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Proud Member of

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-17-2004, 08:53 PM
I Wish I Were a Snot Ball Shooter

Oh my gosh - I'd have loved to seen that! Where's a video camera when you need one ??

Sharon
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-17-2004, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonM
Oh my gosh - I'd have loved to seen that! Where's a video camera when you need one ??
It should have been in Kayla's mom's hand! She got the view from the window and Kayla witnessed the blinds down the hallway! They were SOOOO tore up! I guess it was a good thing I washed the extra sheets today

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-17-2004, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStar
when i got back in the car my momma asked what was wrong with the dog!! wait till you tell shane! lol
I'm sure he's going to just tell me that Orion is all mine...takes after me Until I tell him the second half of the story about what HIS dog did!
He'll get a kick out of it and go buy new blinds tomorrow...all the more reason to get those Pella windows with the blinds in between the panes of glass

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-17-2004, 09:31 PM
Next Member of the Booger Clan

Sandy's afraid of teh little springy things behind doors that keep the door from hitting the wall... you know? He swatted at one once with his paw and the noise scared him My big brave dog!

That's really funny though!

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

~Nikki and Sandy~

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-17-2004, 10:22 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

what a sight that had to have been. TOO funny.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-17-2004, 10:26 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

mandie!!! that's so funny! i'm sorry about your blinds, though. but hey, at least it's a good reason to get new ones. haha!

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-17-2004, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula86
mandie!!! that's so funny! i'm sorry about your blinds, though. but hey, at least it's a good reason to get new ones. haha!
No kidding! Those ones were PINK! Went real well with the MAUVE living room!

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 05:36 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Quote:
Those ones were PINK!
EWW!

That is HILARIOUS!!!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

We made a decision about the blinds...we'll replace them right before we move...as for now, I'll just make a swag curtin for the windows

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 05:06 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinchilla_Girl
...all the more reason to get those Pella windows with the blinds in between the panes of glass
Those are the most common form of blinds in Finland. If they aren't between the windows, then there are no blinds at all, just curtains. I had never even seen them until getting here, but it's common in Finland because most houses here have AT LEAST double panes, but the fancier ones will have triple or quadruple panes, too.

My uncle cannot keep blinds in his house because his rat terrier PURPOSEFULLY yanks them down so she can see out the window at all times. (And pulling them up doesn't help, either, because she will jump up on the back of the couch, leap, and snatch them down).

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 08:06 AM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Mandie, I didn't realize Orion was so clumsy! I wish I could have been there. Poor Orion.

Tags
rabbit cage, rat terrier