Awesome Dogs Stupid Owners - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Angry Awesome Dogs Stupid Owners

Okay today at work was Yet another busy bustling hectic day. This morning a Beautifl Now im Talking Georgeous German Shepherd came in with what we were told was a dog attack wound from the night before. When we took off the home made bandadge that was on way longer than a week judging by the grime and saw the leg it was HORRIBLE. Were talking Rated: X horrible.

There was an entire 7.35 inches of skin and muscle tissue eatin away from bacteria and infection. Luckly no Gain Green.

However there was only 1 inch of skin on the back of the leg that was holding the meat from the lower leg onto the meat on the hindquarters.

It Smelled just about as bad as it looked.

The creepy part the BONE was CLEAN!!!!!!!!!!

The leg was soo bad the vets reccomended Amputation now the owner no longer wants the dog.

The dog is such a sweetheart and wants to fight for his life like you wouldnt believe.

Well I guess I have another Doggie to add to my pack.

Just another reason certan people shouldnt own animals.

Im thinking of naming him Bonez?!?!?!?!

I think it fits hes big and quirky, and such a love.

Other than his leg and the infection hes completly healthy.

I run a rescue and sadly thats not the worst neglect --- purposefull injury that i have seen.

God bless all the pets, and god bless people who save the ones in need!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 06:16 PM

That is so horrible! At least if you keep him, he'll have a nicer life!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 10:19 PM

You are a wonderful person to take him in!!! Can you press charges on the owner? how could something that tarrible go unpunished?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 11:05 PM
PT's Troll Hunter

I can't believe someone who owns a pet can do that just because the pet looses a leg... That poor GSD. I hope you keep him like you said... I would love to see pictures of this sweetheart.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 02:09 AM

How can someone make an animal wait so long before to the vet when they have such an injury? I'd like to see that owner end up with the same injury and not have anyone take him to the hospital for a while and see just how he feels about it!

A pet should be a pet for a lifetime not something you keep until it becomes inconvient, disabled, old.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Its true that the Owner should suffer as he allowed his pet to suffer--- And sadly it had NOTHING to do with cost. He just didnt have "Time". Bonez will be moving in next week. When hes out of the Red Zone at the hospital. The owners signed a relinquishment form and it was notarized, and The office is eating the bill. Hes only 3 yrs old. Such a big guy. Hes going to have months of rehab but **** be fine. Dogs adjust very well with only 3 sometimes even 2 legs.

As far as charges-- Sadly no the state of California has laws stating as long as the owner seeks medical attention of their own free will no charges can be brought against them. Thjis pisses me off the most around here cause Riverside County enforces this so they dont have to hire more Animal Control officers etc. Almost every other county if the vet calls and complains they will start and investigation and bring charges poss jail time if needed.

Fighting pits are brought in we know their fighters the owners do to and the owners lie and we have to give the dogs back once their patched up.

ITS SOOOOOOOOOO AGRIVATING!

Some people REALLY SUCK!

Tags
animal control, animal control officer, german shepherd