Back to the vet... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Back to the vet...

Serene has to go back to the vet today. Over the weekend we found 2 golf ball sized lumps in between her shoulder blades. It's very odd that they seemed to just appear, but as i pointed out to hubby, she has so much fur and skin around there, they could have been there for a while, growing without us noticing. She's also more of a belly rub kind of girl, so usually when we start petting her, she flips right on her back. They're not causing her pain, we can touch the lumps without her reacting, but I'm very scared. Especially since they don't really know why she got so sick a few weeks ago. They are distinctly round, hard and jelly like. Any ideas? She's also been very clingy and needy since she had to stay at the clinic overnight. We assumed that was why, but what if she's sick? Hubby says not to jump to conclusions, but as I told him this morning, it's the same reason I worry if he's really late from work, or in an area with no cell reception. Those I love, I love completely, him, the girls and Nike!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 10:31 AM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

Aww, I hope your doggy feels better soon. I'm sorry, but I don't have any advice, but I'm sure it's gonna be allright. Hang in there!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 10:39 AM
Fluffy Potatokisser

They could be any number of things...My dad's elderly Golden is covered in cysts and to remove them all would actually do more harm than good...so, he's on the lumpy side. He does have one that hangs from his belly though and the vet refuses to remove it, so my stepmother made a bra for him...it holds up the lump and keeps it from getting sore or painful. Personally I think she needs to take him for a 3rd opinion, because the 2nd opinion vet also recommended not to remove them due to the dog's age...he's about 15 years old now. They have also had many of the lumps biopsied and all tests pointed to cysts...not tumors or cancer...just cysts

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Just came home from the vet, and all seems to be okay. we saw the same vet who was on call when we brought her in the last time, not our regular, but we're fortunate that all the vets at the clinic are awesome! As soon as he touched the lumps, he asked if she reacted when we touched them, I said no, so he kind of grabbed the skin there, and said not to worry as those were the exact spots he had given her subcutaneous shots when she was sick. He says they are either abcesses or she had a reaction to the meds, so he made a note on her chart so she won't ever be given those meds again, in case it was an allergic reaction. He said to put hot towels on that spot in the evenings when she's quiet and they should go away on their own. I'm really glad the vets here don't make me feel dumb when I bring them in and nothings wrong, cuz to me it's kind of like with small children, they can't always let you know if somethings wrong. And, he was sweet enough to not charge me for today! (Probably cuz we're still pluggin away at the bill from her hospital stay!!)
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 10:09 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

I'm glad it wasn't anything serious. :blob2:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-25-2004, 03:21 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

i just had to bring chaquita to the vet today for the exact same thing. she had a reaction to her shots and it was the size of an egg! but she didn't react when you grabbed it. they said that next time they would give her a different shot to help with her reaction to her regular shots.

glad to hear it's just a shot reaction!! phew!

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-25-2004, 09:36 AM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

I'm glad your dog's gonna be okay!