Bad BYB vent! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Bad BYB vent!

So as some of you know (not all,as I don't spend much time here anymore) I am in search for my dog.I will be getting a German shepherd.

I have been talking to a couple of reputable breeders now and am happy with them.I still have not decided where I am getting my puppy yet though.And there are NO rescues here.The shelters don't have what I want.

Well this girl...I am going to call her a girl,cause she acted childish...sent me an email and said she had king shepherds.I did heaps of research on king shepherds and read so much conflicting info...that they were mutts/designer dogs,that they were rare breeds,that they were just overbred GSDs...the list goes on.But I talked to this woman anyway,trying to get all the info.

I seen pictures (she was too far for me to visit) of the dogs and from the pictures they looked good (don't worry,I don't rely on a picture)...so anyway that was that.She told me she didn't test the dogs health/hips,because only inbreeding/overbreeding caused bad hips (red flag!).

Well today I get an email from her...she was telling me all the pups were now gone and that I wasted her time by asking her questions and NOT calling her yesterday.I was going to send her a nasty email,but stopped...since I don't wanna resort to her low level.Then she told me she was having more puppies in August and I wasn't getting one... That suits me just fine.I don't want a dog that comes from bad lines and the parents are not tested...she is just breeding these dogs cause she can.

I don't see how I wasted her time! I was asking questions to determine if she was legit.SHE IS THE ONE WHO CONTACTED ME.I just asked questions you would ask a breeder if you have common sense.And then because I didn't call her,I wasted her time? Okay.....................whatever.

I don't want one of her dogs anyway.I am going for a GERMAN SHEPHERD...I am doing the work looking into breeders and she wants me to take one of her dogs right away as she wants to get money! She had NO guarantee or anything.

I HATE STUPID,IGNORANT,CHILDISH PEOPLE.
I had to vent,because I am already having a bad day.Might as well ad this to it.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

EEK! I didn't know it was sooo long...sorry.

* Lisa *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 11:46 AM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

Aww hunny you did right by not getting one of her dogs.......she is obviously just an idiotic backyard breeder with no concern for her dogs poor puppies
You will find the right dog for you hunny huuuuuge hugs xxxxxxx

*Carla*
I
my animals!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Lisa, you absolutely did NOT waste her time!! You were being the only responsible one in the situation! I hate when people don't get their way and take it out on you. I'm sorry!

Mandy

Happily owned by:
Baby--female calico kitty
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Mr. Squeakers--male guinea pig
Phineas--male guinea pig

RIP Patches. You were the sweetest hamster I've ever known. There will never be another like you.

RIP sweet little Bugsy. We didn't know you long, but we loved more than you could have known. Sleep sweet little one.

RIP little Sammy. Thanks for 2 and a half wonderful years! You had a long happy life and we miss you more than you know. Play hard, sweetie...

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Thanks.
I know.I can't believe she acted so stupid and childish tho about it...ugh!

I have always dealt with RESCUES,so I am not used to talking to and finding and scoping out the GOOD breeders! I am quickly learning though.I know all about the red flags to watch for and stuff.

* Lisa *

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 09:48 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

She sounds crazy...its wierd that there are so many crazy people like that out there breeding dogs. Before I got my Golden girls from the rescue we contacted alot of breeders (we needed the dogs to be fairly young for so many reasons, the cats, the other dogs and so on, just easier introducing and training puppies, or so I thought lol) We came across alot of people like your crazy lady, one lady kept saying her goldens were pure bred even though she said the parents were mixed with labs, blew me away...I was very thankful when the rescue called with the news that they rescued a family of goldens and we got to go see and instantly fall in love with our girls

They always say that the right dog comes at just the right time...I can't wait til you get your dog cause then we get to see all the cute pictures

I grew up with german shephards they are such amazing dogs, mine saved my life when I was a kid, we had a bond that was so strong

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

I know.

My idiot neighbours (I vented about them before) breed their mutts...the father is a chihuahua/terrier and the mother is a chihuahua/beagle.The mother just had her 12th litter! The father has seizures.I actually went and saw her puppies the other day (I am not getting one...I don't want a small dog...they were adorable though).I have tried telling my neighbour those dogs NEED to be fixed and even gave her info to the local organization that helps low income people have their pets fixed...but she likes selling these overbred,seizure carrying (she told me past pups have seizured) pups.But thats a whole nother vent.

There are so many idiots out there.And they get defensive when someone questions them.The way I see it,if they get defensive about questions,they are definatly hiding something.

I agree.I will just keep my eye open.I decided the GSD is the breed I want for my family.We had a couple growing up too.They are wonderful dogs.I remember you telling me about the dog that saved you!

* Lisa *

Tags
byb