Balloons are buried - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2004, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

Balloons are buried

Well I buried the balloons yesterday, scaring myself as I was doing it cause I kept busting them! There was one section where I just couldn't get the balloons buried at all and it was a bit harder there so I figured that she'll probably try the softer areas first. Well I put her out this morning and just then heard a little whimper. she wa sitting at the front door!!! She as dug out where the balloons weren't so it looks like I'm back to burying more balloons today!! If I still have no success with that we're moving onto water bombs and then if all else fails I'm digging down and attaching wire to the fence and burying wire. That is my last resort though. Around all the rest of the fenceis grass but when they were putting the fence up for us they levelled the ground out at that spot so it is dirt and that's where she digs. She has never tried any other spot so I just have to get the grass back!!! I'll keep you guys updated!!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2004, 05:31 PM
Miss New Booty

OMG Carmen I had NO CLUE what you were talking about... then I realized I missed the thread on Biscuit digging in the yard!!!
Hrrmmm how frustrating that must be for you guys! What an interesting idea, though! Let us know how it goes when you bury more!

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2004, 05:33 PM
User Is No Longer Welcome

Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2004, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

I thought of people not knowing what I was on about after I'd posted!! Oops!!! For those of you that don't know Biscuit is constantly digging out and I've buried some balloons to hopefully scare her into stopping!
Jackie it is frustrating cause if the people had just left the ground as it was I wouldn't be having this trouble right now!!

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2004, 07:42 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

good luck carmen! i hope everything goes well! <--see the balloons??

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2004, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

Thanks for the balloons Jane! She has just gotten out again and this morning I was out with her and she went and stood on all the dirt where the balloons are...she's probably busted them all! she is such a brat! It's like she knows why they are there and she is saying 'haha mum I'll bust them before I dig out so they don't scare me!!' I'll have to bury them with her inside next time!

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2004, 10:01 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Have you considered invisible fencing? In my area we don't have physical fences around our yards and most people rely on some type of invisible fencing. I've trained many dogs on these containment systems and they really work well.

The training process involves your active participation - but you are already actively working with her and training her so you could just include it into your training sessions.

It's just a thought that ran through my head! Also - not to be a doomsayer or anything - but when the balloons burst - make sure you remove all the little bits so she isn't tempted to chew or swallow them It's a choking hazard and also can cause an intestinal obstruction.

I had a visual of you scaring yourself popping the balloons!!

[center]

[
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2004, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

Linda there is no pieces of balloons left lying around! Trust me!! but you know yesterday when I was blowing them up she had the idea in her head that it must have been food and so I let her sniff them and lick them and she soon decided that they weren't very tasty and went back to bed!
and can I just ask what invisible fencing is? I'm just grateful that why she is digging out she is only coming to the front door and not wandering off!! It's hard cause I check up on her constantly to make she isn't digging out so i can catch her in the act if she is but then if she sees me she starts whinging and then digs and I don't want to say anything to her about the digging incase she thinks she is getting attention for whinging!!! When we move I'm just going to plant plants anywhere that has dirt near the fence line so I can hopefully prevent this from happening at our next house! I'll also talk to the trainers about her digging fetishes tonight to see what they suggest!

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2004, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

ok I just went outside then (to check the mail) and I noticed a burst balloon and a tiny little digging spot. It looks like she has started to dog there, then copped the balloon and stopped digging! My ingenius plan just may work!! and I bought a 100 pack of balloons so I can do this for a while if necessary!! I only buried 7 balloons yesterday! Yes she has dug herself a nice big long hole!

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2004, 01:33 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Quote:
Well I buried the balloons yesterday, scaring myself as I was doing it cause I kept busting them!

Rhonda

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2004, 02:45 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

I hope your plan works! And if Har and Max try to dig this year, I think I will even try it too Great idea!