BARF/Raw Meat Diets - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 06:57 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

BARF/Raw Meat Diets

I'm wondering if anyone uses the BARF or other forms of the Raw Meat Diet for their dogs.

This is something I've often thought about switching to, especially since Samson, my english Mastiff has a very sensitive stomach and many dog foods give him the runs/make him vomit.

I've done lots of research online, but wanting to hear from real people about what the use, how the do it, the results they have with it.

Thanks!!

~Misty~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 12:46 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

We feed a variety of raw meats plus vegetables, all the dogs are healthy, happy and doing good. Pm me and I can help you out with questions and concerns.

Life's not about how to survive the storm, It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Momma to: 2 human children Audree (2) and Jacob (7 mo.)
3 Doggies: Angel (13), Cricket (1), and Diesel (4mo.)
1 Kitty: Mazey (Age unknown)
2 ferrets - Mocha and Marshall
1 bunny - Ice

Working to make a change, one paw at a time!
Volunteer - Skinny Little Buddy's Rescue
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 03:01 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Some stuff from the nearby slaughter house was dad's friends so wishbone always got plenty of fresh raw bones, moms cook and prepare them for my buddy..

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Visit -
- for fun and tips for pets!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Newborn Pup

Im not sure about commercial raw foods but my Auntie raises cattle so I buy a cow from her and the whole family gets together to butcher and make our own food. We add various things for nutritional balance. We all get together and butcher enough for the 7 dogs we have to feed so its usually a 3 or 4 day even with long hours. I think its worth it, their coats are thicker and healthier with less shedding, their breath no longer smells rancid and they defecate less often (also raw food doesnt give them dog food gas )

I realize not everyone has the reasources or time to find a cow and make it from scratch but I would assume that many raw foods that dont have any chemical additives in them are just as good Hope this helps!

Kye And Carbon
~Partners In Crime~

Please check out my dog forum The Urban Wolf

Tags
raw meat