bathing - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
I'm A Blonde At Heart

bathing

how often should you give a dog a bath? Lady feels sorta dirty when i pet her but i think my parents took her to the groomers about a week and half ago.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Trickiesmurf; 07-08-2005 at 01:39 PM. Reason: wrong word
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 02:51 PM
Playful Pup

To tell you the truth I only bathe my dogs every 6 months or so. Or if they get really dirty but I have shorthaired dogs.

Life is not complete without a dog at your feet

Mom to:
Harley, Rott/husky X
Rebel, English Setter/ Border collie X
Dixie Belle, ACD
Lexus, Rescue Rottie
Zeke, Rescue Rottie
Scarlet, Husky/ collie X
& Zeus Kitty
My Website

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
I'm A Blonde At Heart

Lady is a short hair dog

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 03:19 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

My dogs have a bath when they get dirty and they have never got dry skin or a dry coat.
They had to have 2 baths today as Indy has the runs and pooed all over himself and Myfanwy and then they went for their 1st ever swim in the lake

My handsome Prince

Swirly, Squashy, Squishy, Spot, Star, Slash and Rocky

Indy and Myfanwy

Tilly, Emil, Sonny and Smudge
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 03:35 PM
Playful Pup

The oils put really nice shine on their coats so the less I wash them the less they lose the oil. If the get to smellin doogy and foul I will bathe them

Life is not complete without a dog at your feet

Mom to:
Harley, Rott/husky X
Rebel, English Setter/ Border collie X
Dixie Belle, ACD
Lexus, Rescue Rottie
Zeke, Rescue Rottie
Scarlet, Husky/ collie X
& Zeus Kitty
My Website

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
I'm A Blonde At Heart

I remeber we (lady and i) went baywatch babe running on the beach a few weeks ago lol... she hates baths but she loves that. but since the salt water felt funny we took her to the groomers the next day... she also very itchy

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2005, 08:57 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

You should never bathe any dog more than once a month. If you bathe them more than that they will get dried out and start itching and if you do it long enough it will lead to serious skin problems. Also, if you bathe a dog too often, they will actually start producing more skin oils to compensate for those being washed off. This will cause them to smell even though you just bathed them. A lot of people don't realize this and they bathe their dogs every other day and are like "why's my dog smell?" Obviously if they fall in the toilet or roll on a dead animal, you can bathe them before the month is up, but under normal circumstances, no dog should ever be bathed more than once a month. Perhaps the groomer didn't rinse the dog all the way. If she feels greasy, that may be the problem. What kind of dog is she?

Jenny, Zookeeper Extraordinare

Mom to:

Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

Maverick (Bearded Dragon) and Panda (Leopard Gecko)

Lionel (Ball Python) and Arrow (Cornsnake)

Falcon, Sherbert, Razzle and Pearl (All Bettas)

RIP Arthur