beagle mom Need advice - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Lightbulb beagle mom Need advice

im a beagle mom, I just got a beagle about 2months almost 3 moths old, she potty train withthin a week, it was amazing, one thing we have a problem with is
that she pee and poop for attention, any owners have that problem?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 11:29 AM

From what I have learned, through reading and being around dogs, is that they don't do it for attention. They do it because they need to goto the bathroom. Dogs don't know spite. Being a puppy that is very active means that she will have to goto the bathroom a lot more often. She also may be confused about what you want her to do. I would suggest takeing her out as often as you can. Puppies can get distracted easily and not do thier business till they get back inside an calm down. Take her out after she plays, eats, sleeps, etc. Take her to the same spot everytime to do her business and reward her immediatly when she starts going to the bathroom. Im a strong believer in positive reinforcement, it has worked very well for the dogs I have trained. Hope some of this helps
Amber
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

i had 4 dogs before, every dog is different, a beagle i have not have before, actaully what i learned from beagles its a point they do it for attention cause you have to give them alot of attention, its what they told us. she goes to the bathroom 5 minutes then in 3 seconds, when no one pays attention, she goes, they want attention, everyone is different too, I guess i already know your opinion cause its whats im doing, i was looking for a different opinion on attention pee, ahha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 12:23 AM

I believe that a dog will go to the bath for emotional or attentional reasons. My Bichon will pee on my sons bed if I am not at home with her to take her out. Has anything changed even a little in your house? Normally I am home all of the times but happened to go shopping for a day.

Tags
potty train