Bed hog! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Wink Bed hog!

We let Tito Burrito sleep with us last night. Kenny woke me up in the middle of the night to say "Look at him!" Tito was stretched between us...with his head at my shoulder & and his back feet pushing on hubby's shoulder!

We rearranged Tito so he was taking up less room but within a few minutes he was wiggling his way in between us again and then started pushing Kenny away with his back feet!!

This happened about 5 times before I burst out laughing. We even tried putting him at the end of the bed...but within a few minutes he would be back up laying across my neck or pushing Kenny away. LOL

Keep in mind Tito is only a 5 lb Chihuahua (about 7 months old)! He is one of the best dogs we ever had (as far as training & behavior, etc.) but for a little guy he sure is a BED HOG!!

~ Jodi ~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 12:38 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Haha! I cant believe such a little baby would take up so much room! Our two hog the bed too! But ours are Boxers so we expect it a little! Max our male always tries to lay on our legs, and Harlie our Female always wants in between us....I always feel like such a mean mommy when I have to move her to the end of the bed so I can sleep! And Max too! LOL! Im just suprised Josh is still letting them both sleep with us! We had decided long ago that once they could hold it all nite they slept in their cages, but I always felt bad putting Harlie in her cage when we got Max...so he let me have her up there too until Max was potty trained...well they both are, and have been for months...lol!! I just hope he doesnt catch on! lol!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by jmb9101
I always feel like such a mean mommy when I have to move her to the end of the bed so I can sleep!
I know what ya mean.

When Bach (GSD) was a puppy he used to sleep with us but we had to put a stop to that cuz we would literally have no room (not to mention the hair - dog hair everywhere!) !

Tito would give us his famous "dirty" look (see my sig) when we would rearrange him!

~ Jodi ~

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 01:32 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Haha! What a perfect expression he has on his face! lol!!
Harlie and Max just start with the doggie groans!

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 01:44 PM
PT's Troll Hunter

Now, Melissa, you forgot to add me who slept with you! I have to say... I know your wall PRIT-TEA well! HA HA, up close and personal.

Amazingly I slept just fine though!

-Mallory

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 02:13 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Yeah lol! That was last weekend everyone...we were up all nite talking about ghosts and if we thought they were real or not lol! And by the time we were tired enough to go to bed, we had freaked ourselves out so bad, that I begged hubby if Mal could sleep on the other side of me because we were scared! lol! I didnt expect her to sleep all alone in the front bedroom! I wouldnt have lol! It was a tight nite lol!!! It was Josh on the right, me in the middle, Mal on the left! and the dogs wherever they fell! lol!

*just didnt want anyone to think we were freaks or anything*

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 02:22 PM
PT's Troll Hunter

ha ha... I didn't mean to make us out as freaks either, but don't make me laugh any harder than you just did otherwise I might get funny looks shot at me from my teachers and classmates!! HA HA

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 02:52 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Ok sorry! And JGwana...sorry if we hijacked your thread!

Back to dogs sleeping on the bed!!!

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 03:20 PM
PT's Troll Hunter

Yeah, sorry about that...

Greta and Audrey aren't allowed on the bed, as they would then believe they actually had run of the house. But once when my parents were gone on vacation I tried letting Greta sleep with me. I ended up putting her back in her crate for the night because she wouldn't stay still. If I ever stopped petting her she'd paw at my hand and squirm, bouncing the bed like nothing before. I swore I was going to fly off.

-Mallory

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 09:00 AM
Adolescent Pup

This is Jazz hogging the bed but she was actually trying to lay on me. Melissa, when they get this big and you have two in the bed, you will then see how truely comical it is. They take your pillow, they push you over, sometimes my boyfriend gets so that he just gives up and goes to sleep on the couch, AND THEN they follow you.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jazz in bed.jpg (18.3 KB, 33 views)

If you`re not in it for life, get a stuffed animal.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

cute pic! He has a look on his face like "what are you lookin at??"

~ Jodi ~

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 09:35 AM
Formerly known as Lvnmycritters

We used to fight for space on our bed too. We had a boxer that slept against my back with his feet on my hubby and my Rottie would lay by our feet or on mine all night. It got uncomfortable when my cat would lay at my side opposite Max my boxer!

My Schipperke will not stay on the bed. I never have made him get off, he just doesn't want to sleep by me! However he has no problem comming into my room to jump on me when he wants me to wake up!:blob2: Then he buries his face under my hand! He's such a little weirdo!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 08:46 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

Good picture! Everyone sl;eeping arrangements sound funny, we complain about two cats!

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-14-2003, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by lvnmycritters
He's such a little weirdo!
Aren't they all?!?

~ Jodi ~

Tags
potty train, potty trained