Before and After You Get a Dog - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 02:12 AM

This is really a useful thread. Many of them don't know how to treat dogs with care. They are really man's best friend! They should also get the freedom and care. Buying a dog and keeping it in a kennel doesn't really make a sense.
If you really love dogs, give them the opportunity to socialize with other pets. Get them relaxed and exercised. Neither you get tired nor does he!
I use to treat my 'Rambo' in a best way I can. If ever I don't get a time, I will not be planning to keep him in the kennel instead I will look for some dog walking services.

Hope you all will do the same.. Love your pets.. Let them live!!
I have heard about " love your pet" services @ Airdrie. They have a professional team to take care for your pets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 04:37 PM
Newborn Pup

This link is awesome. I've been wanting a puppy since our German Shepard passed away about 2 years ago but my boyfriend does not want the responsibility again. This makes be rethink about getting a puppy because I question myself if I could provide the necessary attention they need? Then I think well when faced with change don't you adjust accordingly (this might not be the best way to think about being a puppy mommy).
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-05-2014, 04:41 AM
Newborn Pup

I visit the article you shared here and I learned a lot. Thank you very much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 01:54 PM
Newborn Pup

I give my pooch as much fuss as possible and he has turned into a very soppy and affectionate dog. Keeping a dog is hard work depending on the breed I guess, but they become part of your family full stop.
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-13-2014, 08:29 PM
Newborn Pup

Thank you for sharing us this awesome link.
I visited the link and there's a lot of helpful information that are very important especially to someone who is planning on getting a new dog. Having a dog means a lifetime commitment. You cannot return the dog if you don't like it anymore. You should be ready once you have a dog.

I’m the lead content curator for Coops And Cages and a couple of other pet blogs. My love for animals is matched by my love for 'attempting' to play the guitar.
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 01:00 PM
Newborn Pup

Thanks Christi!
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 08:04 AM
Playful Pup

Choices

Right now I know someone who is trying to choose between his girlfriend and his dog just because the girlfriend doesnt want dogs around the house. Having pets in general can make things hard sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christi View Post
Are you ready for the commitment of a dog? It is a lot of time and effort and the responsibilities can sometimes be overwhelming. Check these pages for help getting started and make sure you are doing the right thing. For help before you get a dog, and the lifetime commitment involved.

post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015, 05:26 PM
Newborn Pup

Yeah you really have to ask yourself if you have not only the TIME but the MONEY to properly take care of a dog! Just because they're cute doesn't mean they're not hard work to take care of!
post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-10-2016, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christi View Post
Are you ready for the commitment of a dog? It is a lot of time and effort and the responsibilities can sometimes be overwhelming. Check these pages for help getting started and make sure you are doing the right thing. For help before you get a dog, and the lifetime commitment involved.

good info and well written, thanks
post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 02:39 AM
Newborn Pup

Would love to read the article, but the page is not available anymore. Many people doesn't understand the value of getting a dog. It is very important to enlighten them.