Belle has a nasty lump between her paw pads - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Belle has a nasty lump between her paw pads

Tonight it is freezing out so I was putting a sweatshirt on Belle. She does not like clothes but it is so cold I didn't want her out without something on. When I reached for her she yelped and picked up her back left foot. It was so strange because I had barely touched her.
When I examined her foot I clearly saw a lump between her paw pads. I called our vet immediately and left a message. He won't have hours until the 29th but I just asked that he call me back. I won't be waiting though. I will be calling the bunner vet first thing tomorrow morning. I think it's a cyst and she needs it drained. Jay had helped me look and he said it almost looks like a nasty pimple that is full of puss. I checked the internet and dogs can get cysts between their pads. I am praying that it is not anything that can be cancerous and that is another reason I want to take her right in.
Poor Belle is just have a rough couple of months!

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

My wonderful vet has already called back. He is calling in a prescription for her. I really love our vet he is fantastic. I am very lucky to have a vet that gets back to us after hours and is more concerned about our babies than getting them in his office and collecting fees.
I wish he saw bunnies - that is the only reason we have a second vet - he sees only cats and dogs.
Oh and he said it is something like what she has on her front legs. And that is may burst and it would be good if it does and gets some air in it. He recommended hot compresses. We will start them tomorrow after her first dose of antibiotics. I am going over first thing tomorrow and picking them up before work so I can get some in her.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 11:28 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

I hope it all works quickly for you and Belle...sounds like you have a great vet, I have one like that to, gotta love having a compasionate vet that truely cares I will keep Belle in my thoughts and hope for a quick recovery

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-26-2008, 12:18 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Poor gal! I hope she gets better quick. My first dachshund, Louie had a couple of cysts throughout his life. I think one was behind his elbow and ended up bursting. The vet had us do compresses and stuff.

--------------------
~Marcia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

--------------------------

Tags
cyst, lump