Belle's First Trip to Vet + 2 Pictures - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Talking Belle's First Trip to Vet + 2 Pictures

Hi everyone,

I ended up getting a female puppy like I had originally planned, and named her Belle . As I have posted, we got her on Saturday night and she made her first trip to the vet with us on Monday. Her vet said that she was in great physical condition, and that she was very mellow when she was taking her temperature. Belle is SO shy around strangers, but she is such an active little girl at home.

She got one of her shots and deworming medicine. She started to cry and I felt bad for the pain that she was going though . She did, however, handle her shot more calmly than my cousin’s dog (he was wiggling and yelling all over the place) When we got home, she was very sleepy and tired, but was back to her active little self this morning.

When we let her out to go to the bathroom, however, there were worms in her poop. Needless to say, I was disgusted and terrified at the same time. I called the vet and explained what had happened, and she reassured me that it was perfectly normal and that she forgot to tell me that this might happen…the deworming medicine is doing its job…she most likely got the worms from her mother…and that she will be given more medicine on her next visit next month. I was just glad to hear that she was fine.

Anyways, I remembered that my cell phone has a camera, so I took a couple pictures of Belle. Here are two:
Attached Images
File Type: gif Belle2.gif (30.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: gif Belle1.gif (48.0 KB, 9 views)

- Melody
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by melody; 06-21-2005 at 08:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 08:52 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

awwwwww

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 08:54 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

She is cute!
But how could she have gotten worms from her mother if she came from a reputable breeder?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millimi
She is cute!
But how could she have gotten worms from her mother if she came from a reputable breeder?
We actually found her through a breeder around our area (not the breeder we were originally going to get a puppy from) and he insisted that she was perfectly healthy, with a health gaurantee and everything. Although I was a bit mad that he lied to us about her, my concern for Belle was much greater. We already love her and don't want to give her back. She went potty again a few hours ago, and nothing but poop, which is a good sign. She'll be recieving more medicine during her next visit next month.

Anways, I just thank God that there is medicine to cure her of this.

- Melody

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 11:09 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

omg! she is so cute!!!!!!! i love her little t-shirt!! congrats!

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 02:52 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

What a lovely little puppy and cute name

My handsome Prince

Swirly, Squashy, Squishy, Spot, Star, Slash and Rocky

Indy and Myfanwy

Tilly, Emil, Sonny and Smudge
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 03:04 AM
PT's Troll Hunter

She is cute, what breed is she? (I can't tell and I'm not real good with identifying the small breeds...)

@ her sleeping on the wee pads!! Typical dog, huh!?!

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 01:50 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Very cute, congratulations!

Rhonda

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 03:11 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

aaaaawwww shes adorable, congratulations

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 06:59 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

She is adorable, congrats..

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-25-2005, 02:49 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

she is adorable.

It is actually quite common for puppies to get worms from their mom. Fortunately, it is treatable.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted

Tags
reputable breeder