Best money I ever spent ... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 07:33 AM Thread Starter
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Talking Best money I ever spent ...

We FINALLY got Seamus a crate! And at an AWESOME price, too!

A new pet shop opened up RIGHT BY my house Monday and Sami and I went there and just about everything was on sale! We bought Seamus a large metal wire crate (the kind most people use for show dogs going to shows) for 91 ($117) that was regularly priced at 150 ($193).

I couldn't be happier, guys! It is SO NICE to come home now and not have anything torn up!

The crate is the perfect size for him, too. He can stand up and sit and still have a little head room and he can fully turn around and stretch all the way out. It's wonderful. I couldn't be happier with it! And, the little bugger can't chew his way out of it.

At first Seamus was terrified of it and pitched a hissy fit when we wanted him to go in. But, now that I started giving him his food in his crate and I put his favourite blanket and toys in there, he's more willing to go in. He still doesn't like it, mind you, but he will go in without a fuss.

I'm just so happy! Even though everything in my life right now seems to be one big ball of stress, it's nice to have THIS stress-factor taken care of! I no longer have to worry about Seamus chewing a live wire and killing himself or swallowing something that gets caught in his throat ... And, my house is no longer being torn up. I feel so relieved! Leaving him home to go places now is actually a JOY!

― Rowan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I've been frosted!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 08:55 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Im glad that you got a crate for Seamus. Im sure once he is in it more often he wont mind it too much. Harlie and Max go in their crates with no problem and lay right down when they get in there. Grace doesnt really like her crate, but we are still working on it with her...she still goes in with no problem at all...she just drools all over in it! Eww...

But Im glad to hear that a little stress has been lifted from you!

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 07:12 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Glad to hear you got Seamus a crate. He'll grow to love it. They can be a life saver! And house saver!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 07:36 PM

Glad to hear that you got the crate.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 07:53 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

that's awesome!!! Biscuit would go in her crate at first, but not really want to be in there. I'd have to encourage her with treats etc. Now if we are home, she wants to be in the crate! If we close the door over, without locking it, to get the door out of our way, she'll pull it open to let herself in. Once we went out for a couple of hours, and I hadn't actually locked her in there...well we got home and there she was, still sitting there!! Give him time, he'll love it! We got Cindy a great dane sized one, so she can have her food and water bowls in there as well, sort of like a room for her rather than just a bed, and she goes in but not unless we ask her to at this stage but I'm sure she'll change her mind soon.

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005, 07:20 AM Thread Starter

Seamus is getting better every day. Today, he went in without a push at all when Sami put his food bowl in there.

So, he's tolerating it well. When I get home, though, he REALLY wants to be let out so he can go play in the yard. You can just see it on his face.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005, 02:34 PM

Is it a cat or dog?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005, 10:12 PM

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 01:45 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

omg, girl - i went through the same exact thing!! i wouldn't leave the apt because i knew i wouldn't want to come home to whatever chaquita did. i just stayed in! but then when i got the crate and crated both of them (wouldn't be fair to the other ), i actually got to go out with peace of mind!!!

i was so prepared to send you one from america! i'm so happy you got one!!

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 05:49 AM Thread Starter

Seamus is a dog (Shetland Sheepdog).

And Jane, Kirby is locked in the workroom, so he doesn't exactly have free run. He sleeps all day, anyway, so it doesn't matter much.

But yes, it's so nice to be FREEEEE! No more staying home EVERY weekend! I can go shopping and spend my honey's money.

(I can assure you he's not too thrilled about THAT! )

Oh yes, I'll also add that since getting the crate, Sami and I are no longer bickering about silly things that are indirectly related to Seamus tearing up stuff! ANOTHER relief!

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

Tags
food bowl, pet shop, water bowl