Big or small, which do you prefer? - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

View Poll Results: Which size dog do you like?
Large 38 36.54%
Medium 22 21.15%
Small 22 21.15%
A dog's a dog, I like them all 34 32.69%
Does a cat count as a small dog? 2 1.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 66 (permalink) Old 09-08-2004, 05:00 PM

I like little dogs cause if they are little i can take them everywhere with me!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 05:16 AM

I like all sizes but medium best. They're the most huggable size i think!
post #33 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 12:42 AM

Smile

I chose large. Although some of my favorites are on the larger end of the medium category
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 04:14 PM
SwC

Love any and all dogs but my preference for my own home is the larger the better!! There is just something about big dogs. My best bud here was my black lab who was 110lbs. Not fat just was huge particularly in the chest. Strangers were scared coming to my door and never had to worry about a break in when I wasnt at home lol. Although he'd probably hand them the keys if he could as he wouldnt hurt a fly. We had to let him cross the Rainbow bridge last year at 14 years old and I havent been able to bring myself to get another dog yet but in time...Rip Sam! I miss you.
post #35 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 11:35 PM
RAT ADDICT

I voted for "all"...BUT I prefer large,like the greyhound,rottweiler and borzoi!However I also love pitbulls and other bully breeds and beagles and italian greyhounds!

As for tiny things like chihuahuas and yorkies and things like that,they are cute...but not for me.I like them but don't like them,if that makes sense!I hate how yappy they can be or saucy!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #36 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 08:49 PM

I like them all! Right now I own three tiny dogs since they fit into my lifestyle better, but I really like all types.
post #37 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 03:33 PM

I like larger dogs. I don't really care for the shy, easily-startled small dogs that flinch whenever someone in the room moves. I think big dogs are fun. yep.
post #38 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 03:58 PM

I voted all!

I love dogs! When I was little we had a Rottie and she was the love of my life.....then as I got older we had a Miniature Sheltie he was deaf but so adorable! Now that I'm older I want a Pomeranian.....So I love all kinds of dogs I love them ALL!
post #39 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 08:21 AM

Elvis is my first dog. Now that I'm a doggy lover, I love em all. I really love small ones & very big ones such as Mastiffs. Elvis & I just met an English Mastiff over the weekend and he was sooo sweet to my little baby. He was a beautiful big dog.
post #40 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 03:49 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

i love big dogs, i never thought i would own a small dog, but allie (JRT) is special, and i wouldnt give her up for the world.
post #41 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 11:27 PM

I have all the sizes tiny, medium, large, & extra large! I love them all but am a big dog person for sure. I love the giant breeds and hope to some day have more.
post #42 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 05:52 PM
Adolescent Pup

I'm a groomer, so I would say it really depends on the dog. I tend to look for personalities rather than size. I am usually asked what my favorited dog breed is, and I tell everyone I don't have a favorite, it's all in the personality.

There is no one TRUE way

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* Chloe * Jinx * Berry *
post #43 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 09:52 AM
Dinky Corsetkisser

I like them all....

I have a smal one, a medium one and 2 that will be large when they grow up

I have had every kind of dog you can thnk of lol and I have loved them all...from teeny tiny to so so so big lol and its never been the size that mattered but the dog itself...my great dane st bernard mix was just a giant and so sweet, thought he was a lap dog for sure

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #44 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 10:14 PM

I love the big ones, the BIGGER the better. I've got Rotties, Mastiffs and a German Shepherd.

It's not that I've got anything against the tiny ones, (I often think it would be nice to have a dog on my lap that wasn't crushing every last ounce of breath from my body), but somehow it's the big, goofy ones that steal my heart!
post #45 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 06:23 AM
Will It Ever Change?

generally im for any dog, cause youre right, a dog's a dog, but my personal preference is a medium to large breed. i love big ole lugs of love lol

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan

Tags
australian cattle dog, australian shepherd, black lab, border collie, bully breeds, cattle dog, cavalier king charles, cavalier king charles spaniel, dog owners, german shepard, german shepherd, german shepherds, golden retriever, jack russell, king charles spaniel, lab mix, lap dog, shepherd mix