Big or small, which do you prefer? - Page 4 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

View Poll Results: Which size dog do you like?
Large 38 36.54%
Medium 22 21.15%
Small 22 21.15%
A dog's a dog, I like them all 34 32.69%
Does a cat count as a small dog? 2 1.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-09-2008, 05:09 AM

I can't choose, so I prefer having one small dog and one medium-to-large dog at the same time!

Right now I have a Pug and a medium-size Airedale mix. I'm sold on Pugs as far as small dogs go, but I really want a German Shepherd again. I had one who was absolutely wonderful and miss her terribly, so, when it's time to adopt another dog, that's what I'm getting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 03:13 PM

I like big dogs because they seem more like real dogs.
post #48 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 09:17 AM

i love small dogs! my 2 dogs are small and they are precious!!! i love small dogs because even though they are small they are great guard dogs. also they fit on your lap just perfectly!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 01:43 PM

The only dog I have ever had was a Canadien Golden Retriever [medium].
My next dog I want to get is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.
post #50 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 11:57 AM
The Title Fairy Was Here

i like all bull breeds

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Come see more of my fur babies at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #51 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 08:47 PM
PT's Troll Hunter

I voted in this poll when it first was posted I guess, but I guess I never actually made a post in regards to my vote. lol

So anyways, I chose Large, since there's not an extra large/giant option. My Great Dane is easily 160 pounds at least. And while he gives me a hard time lately (OB class here we come! lol) I still love him to death and his affection just swallows me whole. And yes, he wishes he were a lap dog.

I won't lie though, I sometimes wish I could shrink him down to Chi size, just for a day or two! LOL

Ben and I really want another German Shepherd someday. We miss Dakota terribly. Ben really regrets us giving her to our friends when we split for a few months, but there was no way she would've got the attention and care she deserved with him working entire days at a time. And my mom didn't want me to bring her to her house when I moved in.

Anyways... we hear she's doing fabulous with her new family and she loves the children. I think mostly, we miss how intelligent and quick a GSD is. Ben oogles over any he sees.

I still love the Danes more though!

post #52 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 12:37 AM

Being a breeder of pugs i will definatly say small , but i have a huge soft spot for big boffy dogs as well. Having owned Great dane and rotties over the years how could you not ..
post #53 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 05:51 AM
Will It Ever Change?

gah i love rotties!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #54 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 10:09 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
I voted large. My two are 70 and 90 lbs. My last dog was about 100 lbs. I'd like them even bigger! I don't know why I just love big dogs.
Ha ha, I posted the above 8/04. My big dogs are now Layla, 70 and Lacey, a now chubby 80. Mandy was my 90 pound dog, she is gone. However, somehow I ended up with a widdle puppy. There goes my 'big dog' image! Jake's only about 20 lbs and I don't think he's going to get much bigger. I think he's cool as ever, but am still a big dog lover. I will of course, keep him.
post #55 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 11:58 AM

I prefer medium to giant-sized dogs. More dog to cuddle.
post #56 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 10:32 PM

I like all sizes of dogs, but for myself, I prefer the midsize to large breeds, like golden retrievers or labs. I love their temperament, personality, everything about them.
post #57 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 03:54 PM

I rather have a smaller breed of a dog. Even tho i like all breeds i just rather have a smaller breed of a dog.
post #58 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 08:55 AM
Jird Jostler

I don't like dogs realy, the big ones and the buldog types scare me.. My gran owns a german sheaperd, they are ok i spose.. The only type / kind of dog that i realy like are chuahuahus (sp?) cos they are soo small and cute.. so i voted small =]

I'm Georgia,
I drive like a rally driver.
post #59 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 11:50 AM

I love big dogs. But when we got a dog, since she was a mongrel and didn't get to see her parents she ended up being a small dog. But I still love her to bits ^^
post #60 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 02:18 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I like all sizes, i don't like little yappy bitey dogs, and i don't like dogs that try to pull you and jump on you and push you around... as long as they are trained i love all.

[/CENTER]

Tags
australian cattle dog, australian shepherd, black lab, border collie, bully breeds, cattle dog, cavalier king charles, cavalier king charles spaniel, dog owners, german shepard, german shepherd, german shepherds, golden retriever, jack russell, king charles spaniel, lab mix, lap dog, shepherd mix