Big or small, which do you prefer? - Page 5 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

View Poll Results: Which size dog do you like?
Large 38 36.54%
Medium 22 21.15%
Small 22 21.15%
A dog's a dog, I like them all 34 32.69%
Does a cat count as a small dog? 2 1.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 12:02 PM
Playful Pup

I like all dogs but I prefer to own big dogs.

My favorite big dog is the Great Dane (which is also my favorite dog of all dogs big and small).
My favorite small dog is the Cairn Terrier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 06:55 AM

I prefer big dogs.

I've only had dalmatians (which are sorta medium to big) but have still had experience with small dogs in the family.

From my experience small dogs yap a lot. My dalmatian hardly ever barks. She'll bark only if someone knocks at the door - which is great because most the time we don't hear it ourselves.

There is just something about the personality of big dogs that little dogs don't have.

and I think small dogs have been too overbred - with their squashed up noses and long backs. People have ruined them!!

Last edited by Katrina06; 08-28-2008 at 06:58 AM.
post #63 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 09:59 AM
RAT ADDICT

^^^

I agree!
Have you seen the documentary "Pedigree Dogs Exposed"?
I watched it a few nights ago and it talks about how dogs are overbred and don't even look how they used to back in the day!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 66 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 10:03 PM

My preference in dogs are

small sized only because I'm 4'6" tall! I'm in a wheelchair without much of a lap so smaller sized dogs are more my size no pun intended. We have a 5 yr old male pugapoo who really believe he is just a furry child and we have a rescued MinPin/German Shorthaired Pointer lil girl who we are guessing is about a yr old very friendly and cowardly all at the same time. Gizmo is stocky and about 12 lbs while GiGi is long legged and slim at about 8 lbs.
post #65 of 66 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 04:07 PM
Adolescent Pup

I didn't vote as mine are 25-120lbs. I prefer a medium sized 30-40lbs but I really like big dogs too. I like the giant sized dogs but don't know that I could actually have one around myself. I don't like to many small breeds but there are a few I like.

I missed the pedigree dogs exposed. It sounded interested. Although it really depends on the breed to say if they are over bred or look like they used to. Some breeds are not that much over bred and haven't been ruined (at least not yet) or watered down/changed. They also look pretty much the same unchanged by time. There have been so many changes to breeds over time it is amazing to see and sometimes sad or crazy to see how they are today.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Check Them Out

post #66 of 66 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 07:49 PM

I love corgis.So I voted medium.I am also a big fan of miniature poodles.

Tags
australian cattle dog, australian shepherd, black lab, border collie, bully breeds, cattle dog, cavalier king charles, cavalier king charles spaniel, dog owners, german shepard, german shepherd, german shepherds, golden retriever, jack russell, king charles spaniel, lab mix, lap dog, shepherd mix