Big or small, which do you prefer? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

View Poll Results: Which size dog do you like?
Large 38 36.54%
Medium 22 21.15%
Small 22 21.15%
A dog's a dog, I like them all 34 32.69%
Does a cat count as a small dog? 2 1.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-13-2004, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Big or small, which do you prefer?

Do you like big dogs or small dogs better? And share with us why you like the size you do.

"If you can't decide between a Shepherd, a Setter or a Poodle, get them all ... adopt a mutt!" -ASPCA

"Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail." - Henry Wheeler Shaw

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-13-2004, 11:21 PM
Formerly Known as Roz

I like Mediums or thereabouts. They're not too small and not too big. Often they will still fit in my lap (BARELY! They at least insist upon trying.) They're big enough to keep up with me jogging (but I probably will never be able to keep up with them if I let them set the pace!)

My five favorite breeds are the Australian Cattle Dog, Australian Shepherd, Rhodesian Ridgeback, and Basenji. But honestly, I love all dogs and will gladly own any dog, of any shape, color, or size.

-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
post #3 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-13-2004, 11:27 PM
Stinky Liverbrain

I have a small and a medium one... and I love them both... but I'll love to have a big one... I like rotweillers, labradors, goldens, and flat coated retrievers... (and great danes... but I don't think I'll ever own one)... I also like JRT (again I doubt I'll own one), doxies, silky terriers... but I think I live mutts more than any... hehe

Dimaris

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-13-2004, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

I love them all. I have mostly medium sized dogs right now and do think they are a great size, but I can get into a much more full contact wrestling match with my brother's Lab mix. Activity level is more of a trait I look for. I love terriers and border collies.

"If you can't decide between a Shepherd, a Setter or a Poodle, get them all ... adopt a mutt!" -ASPCA

"Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail." - Henry Wheeler Shaw

post #5 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-13-2004, 11:51 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

I voted Large because there wasn't an option for xlarge/giant.

The bigger the better for me.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #6 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-14-2004, 01:33 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

i voted for small dogs. i love all sized dogs, but i think i relate better to small dogs. i like to be able to pick my doggies up and toss em in the air and stuff like that. plus, i don't want a dog that needs a bunch of exercise. so small dogs are the ones for me.

post #7 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-14-2004, 05:17 AM
Fluffy Potatokisser

I say medium to large...Kali is medium...Orion is large...but I like giants too...Newfies, Danes, St Bernards, Mountain dogs...I'm not much for the little guys...they bite too much trying to make up for their size...give me a pit over a chichuahua anyday (no offense to little dog owners...little dog syndrome just puts me off to them) Little dogs...well it depends on the dog

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #8 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-14-2004, 05:20 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I voted large. My two are 70 and 90 lbs. My last dog was about 100 lbs. I'd like them even bigger! I don't know why I just love big dogs.
post #9 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-14-2004, 08:16 AM
Newborn Pup

I like the giant breeds the best. I have an English Mastiff and a Bullmastiff.
The English weighs in at about 65kgs, I keep her slim 'cos she has OCD, and the Bully is about 58kgs.
I also have two JRT's but they are giant dogs in tiny bods.
They weigh about 6.5kgs each.
post #10 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-14-2004, 09:05 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

I prefer large and giant dogs but I'd take in any size and have had small, medium and large dogs. Currently I have two Jack Russells (15 pounds), a white Shepherd (100 pounds) and a Shepherd mix (65 pounds at 7 months).
post #11 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-14-2004, 09:15 AM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

All of 'em!

I have a huge one and a tiny one and a small one. I like them all for different reasons.

~ Jodi ~

post #12 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-14-2004, 02:13 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I like small and medium the best, around 60 lbs or so max.

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #13 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-14-2004, 02:16 PM
Playful Pup

I like big dogs! Maximus was around 85-90lbs at the last trip to the vet.

post #14 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-14-2004, 02:18 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I voted I like them all. I like most small dogs, as long as they aren't too nippy LOL. I probably will get medium to large dogs in the future though, because I'm planning on having a lot of land and want dogs that can protect me. I love shepherd mixes, and I've seen a lot of them at shelters so I'll adopt two when I can.

Rats have rights...& mice too!
post #15 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-14-2004, 02:27 PM
Playful Pup

my favorite dogs are: mastiffs, german shepherds (love the white ones), and golden labs. If I had to choose a small dog, I'd pick a Pug!

Tags
australian cattle dog, australian shepherd, black lab, border collie, bully breeds, cattle dog, cavalier king charles, cavalier king charles spaniel, dog owners, german shepard, german shepherd, german shepherds, golden retriever, jack russell, king charles spaniel, lab mix, lap dog, shepherd mix