BIL Got Another Dog - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down BIL Got Another Dog

Yup, Valentina's owner got another dog. On tuesday, his coworkers found this puppy running around an avenue and took her. He decided it was a good idea to take her and give my nieces a surprise. My nieces are old and mature enough for a pet, but my sister/BIL aren't. I'm giving him again all the pointers I have him with Valentina, hopefully he'll take them and also let my nieces have a word in this (I have them trained... lol) Yesterday I took the puppy and took her to my work where we did a fecal exam (she had hookworms), gave her her first shots and got medicine for the hooks. I was talking to my sister and she told me that they were thinking about getting Valentina back, but since she was used to the big backyard and having Charly's company, they were unsure about that. I'm still not convinced by it... anyway... here are pics of the little gal I took yesterday... I estimated she's around 3 months... she has all her puppy teeth already, and hasn't lost any of them. How big do you think she will grow, judging by her size? She weighted 9.4 pounds yesterday. I thought that she would grow a Charlotte-sized dog or a Valentina-sized dog (27-37 lbs.) but my coworkers thought that she wouldn't grow that much... about an Odie-sized dog (17-20 lbs.) What do you think?

She has an awefully long tail, doesn't she?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 09:54 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

awwww she is so cute

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 10:40 PM

She's adorable. It looks kind of like a fox tail.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 11:19 PM

Whoa, When you told me they picked up this dog, i didn't know Val WAS their dog before.... kinda changes my opinion now. ARGH.... I hope this time around this BIL of yours has learned from his mistakes... Lets hope you don't end up with 4 dogs once this puppy grows.
As for growing, I think she' s going to be a good size dog, 40Lbs, well maybe 30lbs. With such a long tail, she needs to grow into it

She sure is a cutie pie.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 04:48 AM Thread Starter

I thought that you knew Val's story. They adopted her from the shelter. After some months of having her, one day they call me to ask me if I could keep her for a couple of days while they painted their garage (where she was living). I said, "sure" and they brought her in, since Charly and her already knew each other (they had some play-dates before), I put her in the backyard with Charly. Months passed and every time I asked about when they were going to pick Vale up, the answer was that they hadn't painted the garage yet.... it's been about 1.5 years since that. I won't be taking this one, I can't... I can't financially support another dog... I wish I could have 1 more dog, but I can't.

They had a shar-pei pup before Valentina, but I understanded when they gaveher away, cause Charleen got strong, and big and out of hand. Vale got big, but not out of hand as Charleen did... what I didn't liked was that they gave her away without telling my nieces... just one day the dog dissapeared. My nieces were really sad and mad with them. They have gone to visit Charleen a couple of times, though... and well.. they see Valentina almost every day, and they take time at least once a week to go play with her and Charly.
I get mad at my BIL cause he thinks he knows everything about everything... and he knows nothing.

Anyway... the dog is there, my nieces love her... let's hope this works out. So far, she doesn't mouthes a lot like Charleen did, nor jumps on people like Vale does... I told my nieces not to encourage these 2 behaviors... heh.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 07:46 PM

aww she's so cute.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 01:32 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Ugh! Don't you just hate know-it-alls?

She certainly is cute ... I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that they'll be giving her all the love and care she deserves.

― Rowan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I've been frosted!

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

Thanks!

I know that the girls will give her all the TLC in the world, and they try to do all that I tell them they need to do... lol... however them convincing my BIL that what they are doing is right and what he does is wrong is impossible... he can't accept that the little 14 year old knows more than him. meh...
Well.. so far so good... from what the girls tell me... they told me yesterday that my sis and BIL are letting Carolina sit in the living room with my nieces when they watch TV... so that's good...
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 08:14 PM
Formerly Known as mya_papaya

such a cute puppy

i love my lil baby sebastien!!!!! almost 11 months old. baby on the way.......... due april 18 2010..... its a boy!