Biscuit is on a diet! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

Biscuit is on a diet!

We weighed Biscuit a month ago for her heartworm injection and she weighed 21.7kg....she has been at 19kg before and was a perfect weight. So I told my mum to stop killing her with banana's (Biscuit gets a banana as a treat..my mum will give her like three in one day! ) and I started actually weighing her food again, rather than just guessing it. We started walking her more often, and faster. On Thursday I decided to take her to work to bath her. She knows that every time she goes to the vet she is on the scales so she hopped up and sat on the scales. They read 22.7kg!!!!! I was so upset cause we had tried soooo hard this last month! So when I picked her up from my p's I told them no food what so ever at their house!! My mum gives my dog and her dog a bone every morning...which is fine....except Biscuit must be eating Cindy's too. So no breakfast for her at nana's house now!
So I'm on a mission...to get her to lose weight! My mum is going to get my dad to feed Cindy when he gets up (he gets up at 5am) so that cindy can eat her bone in peace.
Biscuit now weighs the most she has ever weighed! I'm gone from owning a dog that never put on weight to a dog that will need to be on a diet forever!!
My mum has sworn to me that she will not feed her anything at her place until she is back down to 19kg. I don't want her to lose it too quickly, so hopefully by the end of April she'll be back there. It's just so frustrating to be dieting your dog and have her gain weight! Mum's place is the only way she can be getting extra food....some days here she wouldn't even eat...she's been filling herself up at mum's obviously!
Anyway guys wish me luck! I'll be weighing her monthly.

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 02:50 PM

Um Carmen, can you convert that to pounds please? Uh oh, someone's been snacking too much. Carmen, Biscuit is more of a couch tater than an energetic dog right? I remember you saying she was running away from you when you said "walkies". Oh boy, she is not going to be happy about the diet nor the exercise.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

19kg = 41.8 pounds
21.7kg = 47.74 pounds
22.7kg = 49.94 pounds!
So she needs to lose 8 pounds basically! My big fatty!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 03:00 PM

Why doesn't that seem big to me? I know Staffies are all muscle so that must be why they appear larger than they are. So Biscuit has more fat than muscle. Biscuit, ya gotta work it girl! Get those muscles toned and drop that fat!
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

because she is an english staffy, not an american....most female english staffies weigh in at around 16kg (35.2 pound). Biscuit is bigger than average...she could never get to 16 kilos! She is as big as a big male! but she is carrying excess fat that shouldn't be there. Ages ago she looked huge and I was wondering if she wa spregnant...I posted pics of her here and everyone agreed she was huge...she didn't even weigh 21 kg then!

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 03:08 PM

Oh, she is an English! Okay, now I understand. Yikes, she is overweight! I did see pictures of Biscuit when you thought she was preggars. Nana loves her grandchild too much!
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

yes she does but she has been swearing to me that she hasn't been feeding her! I'm going to talk to our nieghbour too...He loves her and I wouldn't be surprised if he has been treating her. She's having a detox weekend this weekend! Minimal amounts of food until monday. The joys of feeding barf! She's just getting chicken legs this weekend. Nothing else. I need her body to start burning some of the excess fat she has. Then her food is going to get measured out by her kong. She's going to get one stuffed kong for dinner when she gets the vegie mix. She can have more when she has an energetic day!
My mum rang me at work last night and aid 'can I give her some mince'...I said no. Two minutes later she rings back 'can she have a banana' NO!!! My mum is taking Biscuit's diet very hard!

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 03:55 PM

Aww, that is so sweet! Your mum is treating Biscuit like a child. I know it must be hard for her to resist giving Biscuit treats. It must make her feel good to see Biscuit so happy. I think Biscuit is going to be doing some major sulking this weekend.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 03:57 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

LOL...I hope your mom calms down with the treats and lets the chub lose some weight! Haha...but dont tell her she is overweight...wouldnt want to give the poor girl a complex!

Give her kissies for me!

And Denise...1 pound is 2.2 kilos. So just multiply however many kilo's by 2.2 to get the lbs. I only knew that because one of the machines at the gym goes by kilos...and I was putting my weight in as pounds, and man I was burning a million calories! Haha...so once I figured out what the difference was I was doing ok.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 04:00 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Also Carm...Max is the chubby one at my house... We already have him down to 3 cups of food a day, when dogs his size should get 5-6...so I think its wrong to limit him less than three...but we love him chubby...as long as he doesnt get a tummy roll he is ok. Haha...the vet said he is alright for now...but not to let him get too much bigger. Which I dont think he will since he is almost 2 now...just about done growing!

post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 04:37 PM

I'm with you. Ein is pushing it, too. He got neutered 3 or 4 weeks ago, they weighed him at 22 lbs. I had to take some animals to the vet for work, put Ein on their scale and he's 24.5 at 7 months. Full grown he's supposed to be 25-27. Plus, he's starting to get a tiny roll where his shoulders are. This week we put him on the minimum amount of food for his size according to the bag and are limiting his treats.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

haha Denise she isn't really much of a food begger. There have been days where we will be going to bed and I will say 'oh crap I haven't fed biscuit' and will have to go and organise her dinner (those nights it would be nice to just chuck some dry biscuits in a bowl but that's not an option!)
Mel I tell her she's a chubby girl!!! You just can't tell her she has a big butt! She gets really upset at that one!!!!
And Denise Biscuit is the practice run for when we have children! I've told my mum my kids will be raised eating healthy food and they are not to go to nana's and fill up on lollies!!! So if she can't control herself with Biscuit she won't get to babysit my kids and she's counting down the days until Alex and I start trying for a family (when we come back from our world trip)...heck, she proably knows the hours! So hopefully she's strict on herself!

post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 05:08 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

aw, poor, not so little biscuit. i need to put chaquita on a diet. haha! she just eats a lot. i hope bisquickers takes it OK. and i need more PICS of her! i miss biscuuuuuiiiiit!

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 05:52 PM

Uh oh! Sounds like little Miss Biscuit is in for a tough-love weekend! Something tells me she needs to spend some more time running around on the beach too
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 07:46 PM

Red face

Good luck with Biscuits diet Carmen! Keep us informed of her progress!

Tags
barf diet