bleeding tooth - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2004, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Unhappy bleeding tooth

Hey guys!
I hope you still remember me

So here's my situation. I was playing with Holly a lil ago. When i noticed her open her mouth, i saw blood and i freaked. So i check and i see two of her teeth that are still coming out were bleeding a bit. Its not bleeding anymore, just for a few minutes, then stopped. I brush her teeth regularly WHEN she lets me. She's just a ball of energy and sometimes wont stay still. heh. So im just wondering if its something to worry about.
I wonder if it was from playing with her rope toy.

Any help would be really appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2004, 10:40 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

how old is she? is she teething? if she is teething: then it's perfectly normal. if not, then i'd see a vet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2004, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Shes only 5 months old. Her teeth are still coming in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2004, 10:52 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

then i'd say don't worry about it. they are like humans....their tooth sockets will bleed sometimes when they lose a tooth. try giving her some ice cubes or a Chilly Bone (an icepack-like bone thing you wet and then freeze). or you can just wet down her rope and put that in the freezer and let her chew on that when it's frozen. if it doesn't look like anything else is bleeding other then where she lost a tooth, i wouldn't worry.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2004, 10:47 AM
I Just Need One!

I wouldn't worry about it. Mickey used to bleed sometimes when he would teeth. We'd find blood on some of his toys or, when we were outside, in the snow. Once he stoppd teething, he stopped bleeding.

Liana, Mickey, Sky & Rocket

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2004, 10:53 AM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

I agree, nothing to worry about at this time. If she weren't teething it would be different.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2004, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Thank you so much guys. I feel better now. She has a vet appt next week anyways for a check up.

I'll post some new pics soon. Shes gotten much bigger. Last vet visit she was 40lbs and that was almost 3 weeks ago....so yea. haha

Tags
vet visit