Bleh... - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 09:14 PM
Newborn Pup

You guys are so great doing everything you've done for her. I'm so glad you came upon her when you did. I used to have a lab/pit cross, my boyfriend at that time rescued him from someone that was mistreating him. He was an absolute sweetheart always. I hope your girl finds a home with you or someone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 10:02 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

aw i hope you can keep her, maybe her family is looking for her, we had a dog that could bearly walk a mile on our walks and in a thunderstorm he ended up 18 miles away we thought he must have died. and a friend and i found a dog that got 26 miles away from his family, they never thought to look that far away.

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
Salamander Burgermuffin

when we do take her home we're gonna take her for a walk around he area we found her, and maybe someone will claim her.. we'll also put up some flyers around.. but if we dont find her family, we will be keeping her, atleast for awhile.. the vet said the animal shelter would only give her 3 days, thats so sad..
today david was playing with her paw alittle while we were visiting her, and he said he really thinks its broken, so the vet said he would do an xray if we wanted too.. so hopfully while know tomorrow
the vet said he would guess shes only about a year or so old because she has all her teeth, but there still real clean..
as for the house, we dont know yet..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Furry Family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 04:59 AM

Hi, just noticed this thread.

You and David are complete heros for doing what your doing. I hope everything works out for you and her!

She was so lucky that you were passing when she was injured. Good luck.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 05:00 AM Thread Starter
Salamander Burgermuffin

so guess what? the on Monday, David didn't have to work, so we made up flyers to put up about the dog, we've been so busy this last week, we didnt even think to do it earlier i mean we called around to different places, and posted an ad on a local website but didnt get around to making flyers.. so we printed out 8.. and only ended up putting 3 up, then we got tied up in other stuff.. we put one at the animal shelter one at a dog groomers and one in the vets office.. this morning the animal shelter lady.. cherrie something, called and said she thinks she found the owner.. and asked permisson to give her our number and stuff.. so the lady called and we met her at the vet and oh you should have seen how happy minnie was.. oh and the dogs name is minnie btw she was so excited to see the lady, i almost cried! the dog was all happy and she like droped to the gound to pet her, oh the love.. hehe.. im so happy! i think david is a bit disapointed.. and i have to admit i might be alittle too.. we got attached.. i tried really hard not to.. but i did.. espcially yesterday, when we went to visit her she was feeling better when we took her outside, so we let her off the leash to have a bit of a run, first thing when we let her of the leash she still stayed pretty close, which i love.. then she went off to find a ball and brought it back with "throw it putty please?" eyes.. i absalutly love that in a dog.. i've never had a dog that liked playing fetch much, and everyone i know that has a dog that likes it says it gets annoying real quick.. but i love it.. what can be easier than tossing a ball if it makes your dog happy? i mean its better than having a dog that wants to be in your face all the time, or demands to be pet.. *sigh* anyway.. we know where the lady lives now.. which was really close to where we found her, so she prolly dug out of her yard.. and got hit almost right away... and the lady said she didnt know the dog was missing until 10am sunday morning.. that kinda made me mad.. she could have been dead by then concidering she got hit at like 2am..i hope that lady keeps her in the house at night now.. i dont care too much if people leave there dogs outside during the day, my mom does it.. they have food water and shelter.. but atleast they bring them in at night, i think dogs should be able to come in the house and relax at night too.. bleh, i hope she learned her lesson and keeps a better eye on her dog.. shes such a sweet dog.. anyway.. after they left david was like now what do we do, cuz hes got off all week (not by choice.. thats another story) so Dr. noble is like well you guys can go take my dogs out, cuz he brings one of his dogs to work everyday, which is nice.. her name is maggie and shes a boarder collie mix i believe.. she likes to play fetch.. lol shes about a year old, and gets a little too excited but it was fun then we went to visit the puppies.. and took Tanner for a ride in the car.. aparently tanner gets carsick.. fun fun.. ive never had a dog that got car sick.. do you think he'll grow out of it? is there anything we can do to prevent it? anyway.. rambling again.. just wanted to let oyu know how everything turned out..

My Furry Family
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 07:17 AM

Thats great that you found her owner, you did such a good thing taking care of her and putting up the flyers and such!
Well done!
xXx

Tags
animal shelter, collie mix, lab mix