Boil? Bubble? What the...? Pictures! - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

I hope your doggie is ok.

Maybe you could look around for a low cost vet, or work out a payment plan with your vet? I know around where I stay in MA, there is an excellent low cost vet clinic that would treat something like that for much less then a normal vet. Look around if you haven't found a vet yet, maybe there's something like that near you?

And if you try to treat it yourself, and it get's infected or something, it's going to cost a lot more to treat then if you just have a vet treat it now. Plus the dog could possable be in alot more pain.

Good luck! I hope your dog is feeling better soon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

No problem Jess. You never have to apoligize to me for giving me advice. I am but one person in this world and I realize that many others have much more knowledge and experience than I do in most aspects of life. I like to get as much advice as possible, then use my best judgement to figure out what is best for me, sometimes even taking bits and pieces from all the different conflicting advice, to make one new, never before thought of, bigger and better piece of advice. Now go out into the world Grasshopper. Oh sorry, you probably don't get that reference.

As far as exagerating; I think it's only human.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

Dragonrain: Well said and understood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 08:53 PM
is a little "special"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poopie Face View Post
No problem Jess. You never have to apoligize to me for giving me advice. I am but one person in this world and I realize that many others have much more knowledge and experience than I do in most aspects of life. I like to get as much advice as possible, then use my best judgement to figure out what is best for me, sometimes even taking bits and pieces from all the different conflicting advice, to make one new, never before thought of, bigger and better piece of advice. Now go out into the world Grasshopper. Oh sorry, you probably don't get that reference.

As far as exagerating; I think it's only human.

Thanx for not being mad, makes me feel a bit better. I had a crappy day...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poopie Face View Post
You are correct, but I can get another dog for free tomorrow. Kids, well that's a different story. I love her and all, but it's not nearly the same love I have for my child.

Okay, I haven't read any further than this, so someone else may have already said this. If so, I apologize.

I don't mean to sound like I'm attacking you, so please don't take this that way, but: If this is how you really feel than you need to take the dog to an animal shelter and sign her over to them so that they can treat her.

Your post doesn't have a location listed next to it, so I'm not sure where you live, but I know for a fact that here in the United States, failure to provide medical care for your dog is a crime. Literally. If someone reports it and animal services or the ASPCA come out, they will either order you to provide medical care or seize your dog. They can also fine you for cruelty to animals and if they think they have a strong enough case of cruelty/neglect, it can result in jail time, depending on where you live. By law in the United States, all pet owners are required to provide food, water, shelter, and medical care.

Now I obviously don't know you, so I can't judge you. It's entirely possible that you didn't know this. But now you do know.

Okay, I'm off to read the other responses.
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 11:04 PM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgimom View Post
Okay, I haven't read any further than this, so someone else may have already said this. If so, I apologize.

I don't mean to sound like I'm attacking you, so please don't take this that way, but: If this is how you really feel than you need to take the dog to an animal shelter and sign her over to them so that they can treat her.

Your post doesn't have a location listed next to it, so I'm not sure where you live, but I know for a fact that here in the United States, failure to provide medical care for your dog is a crime. Literally. If someone reports it and animal services or the ASPCA come out, they will either order you to provide medical care or seize your dog. They can also fine you for cruelty to animals and if they think they have a strong enough case of cruelty/neglect, it can result in jail time, depending on where you live. By law in the United States, all pet owners are required to provide food, water, shelter, and medical care.

Now I obviously don't know you, so I can't judge you. It's entirely possible that you didn't know this. But now you do know.

Okay, I'm off to read the other responses.

I agree and IM surprised no one else said anything until now.

*Missy*
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 11:10 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

I'm shocked, too. I mean, that's a pretty sad way to think of a dog. There is no other animal on this earth that could ever replace the pets I have now.

Tags
animal shelter, black lab, older dog, pet owner, vet clinic, vet visit