Booda Velvet Bones - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

Booda Velvet Bones

Has anyone bought these for their puppy? My puppy LOVES to chew (as most puppies do) but Chaz is VERY destructive with his toys. I have had to pick up all but one of his toys (a hard rubber Kong ball) because he keeps eating the rubber, string, etc....

The only toy that I have found so far that appears to be safe if ingested is the "Booda velvet bone" It says it's made of cornstarch and is safe if the dog ingests it. I was wondering if anyone found this toy to be safe or if anyone knows of any other chew bones/toys that are safe if ingested.

Thanks.

Chaz's mom

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jake- 10-31-93 - 6-13-05
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 01:25 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

I've tried the Booda bones and the Nylabones and none of my pups or dogs would touch them. Your pup must be a really strong chewer to destroy a Kong.

Rhonda

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

Actually the Kong is the only toy he has not destroyed yet.

Jake- 10-31-93 - 6-13-05
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 07:50 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Try putting the Booda Velvet bone in the freezer... That helped my puppies when they were teething.

Jenny, Zookeeper Extraordinare

Mom to:

Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

Maverick (Bearded Dragon) and Panda (Leopard Gecko)

Lionel (Ball Python) and Arrow (Cornsnake)

Falcon, Sherbert, Razzle and Pearl (All Bettas)

RIP Arthur
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 11:56 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Ours never really cared for those...they sometimes chew on Nylabones but aren't huge fans.

I know what you mean too, Rocky is extremely destructive and like your dog, one of the few toys he hasn't destroyed yet is his Kong .

I give my dogs real bones to chew but I'm not completely sure if they're fine for puppies as puppies are sensitive.

By the way, I've found the company SPOT makes very durable toys for the most part. See, I eventually noticed that the only three stuffed animals that he couldn't rip apart were all by that company! We have a soccer ball (in perfect condition still!), a football (the squeaker no longer squeaks but the dogs love it), and a squeaky monkey with rope arms and legs (though he now only has a half of a leg, LOL). However, that's alot better then all our other stuffed animals, hehe.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2005, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys for responding. I think I may have found the right toy for Chaz. It's called a Crazy Dog Toss Tug & Tumble. It's a red rubber toy that tumbles when you throw it and you can play tug with it or they can just chew on it by themselves. It's not too hard rubber but not really the kind that they can bite off easily. He has only managed to get tooth marks in it so far. So we'll see how long it lasts.

Jake- 10-31-93 - 6-13-05
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2005, 01:03 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Let me know how it goes because my Bull Terriers have destroyed every toy except their kongs. All stuffed animals are decapitated or have lost a limb within 5 minutes of being put on the floor. Rope toys are unraveled and string is throughout the house in a day or 2..

Rhonda

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2005, 02:05 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlette
Let me know how it goes because my Bull Terriers have destroyed every toy except their kongs. All stuffed animals are decapitated or have lost a limb within 5 minutes of being put on the floor. Rope toys are unraveled and string is throughout the house in a day or 2..
Sounds like my dog, and he's a little dachshund!!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

Tags
bull terrier, bull terriers, stuffed animal, stuffed animals