breeding? - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ms.Redd
Oh and Liana, I understand that there are many pure's in shelters too (thats were we got my rotts). I didn't say it but I pretty much meant it, of what you said, a responsible, reputable breeder. For the breed, not the money, I say.
Yeah maybe I should have been clearer when I said "don't breed to make a mix" or whatever it is I said.

Gecko, I told you I don't mean to lecture so don't see it that way. You just need to realize what you are actually doing here. Oh and I was not saying don't breed the dogs because they will be mutts. Are you kidding! I LOVE mutts and I think the puppies would be absolutly adorable but I would never breed them just because of that. I have known many mutts and they are all way smarter than some pures I know.

Mickey is a great dog and I would love for him to pass on his amazing temperment, good looks and atttitude to some other puppies but still--I would never breed him just because of that.

Anyways, you know how we feel. Now it's up to you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

for one thing the question I asked was if the two breeds would be ok to breed together IF I even did decide to do it IF it was OK with my PARENTS!! I did not say hey I am doing this without my parents permission!! and I did not ask hey how many dogs are there with out homes and I did not ask whether or not i should have puppies at all or get my dog spayed or anything....that actually had nothing to do with it...all I wanted was an answer to my question...I probably wasnt going to do it anyways...but if I did....it was just a question. And trust me have been wanting to volunteer at a shelter especially our counselor says to do volunteer work our sr. year but I dont know where to go to do that...

and just another question....why does everyone have to repeat the same stuff?

and ya'll can think whatever to some of you who think I "need" lectures....but ya'll do not know who I am or what I know about them....if I wanted to know those things I would have asked that question!! so go back and read what I wrote the first time and see if it asks anywhere in there what can happen to my dog if she gets pregnant or the puppies...whatever some people may think I am not a complete idiot!!

"and female dogs are in heat 3 WEEKS out of every month"(formula86)

I do not know where you got this information from but everything I have read has said about every 6 months and it can last from days up to 3-4 weeks. And I know my dog is not in heat 3 weeks out of every month....
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 06:26 PM
Proud New Mommy

Ok.. None of us here are being disrespectful to you at all. You're taking this all the wrong way. Almost everyone here has given you site, tips, and have spent their time telling you what they know. I think mutts are cute dogs. I read where someone else posted that too. It sounded like you were about to jump in the breeding wagon on the spur of the moment and that's Not how to do it. No one here is calling you a "complete idiot". This is getting blown way out of proportion. You asked for our oppinions and we gave them to you.

When you said that we need to read your post again this is what I saw and I believe that this is why people assumed you were going to breed her;

"Ever since I got my dog I have wanted her to have puppies"

"COURSE I was going to wait til the spring so WHEN she had the puppies it wouldn't be so cold"

That is why I believe you got more than one answer for your question.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 06:34 PM

Alright I'm sorry I have been trying to say things in the nicest way possible. You want answer to your question? What WAS your question anyways? Should you breed your dog? Then my answer, and what I believe, is no. You don't wanna know why I think this, fine. You got my answer, that was what you wanted. We're all happy.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

I didnt ask if I should breed her!! I asked if the 2 breeds would be ok together!!!
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gecko
I didnt ask if I should breed her!! I asked if the 2 breeds would be ok together!!!
Well geez. Quite honestly it was very indirect. Yes the puppies would be very cute. No you should not breed them.
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

I am sorry if I wrote it wrong to where it says WHEN my bad...I dont type everything exaclty perfect and if you notice i did put I am not sure if I am going to do it anyways. I am sorry for ever posting this...
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 06:40 PM

I just realized you could be asking if it is okay as in the puppies will be healthy and so on. Then I have no comment cause I don't know.

I think this thread is really just heading towards more arguments therefore I have nothing left to say.
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gecko
I am sorry if I wrote it wrong to where it says WHEN my bad...I dont type everything exaclty perfect and if you notice i did put I am not sure if I am going to do it anyways. I am sorry for ever posting this...
The thread was a misunderstanding then. Let's leave it at that.

post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 07:03 PM

I'm going to close this now.
Closed Thread

Tags
animal lover, animal lovers, animal shelter, cocker spaniel, mixed breed, mixed breeds, reputable breeder