Bringing home Indie Today!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 04:15 AM Thread Starter
Zippy Chickenshorts

Talking Bringing home Indie Today!!!

Well, I'm really, really Excited! As some of you already know we've been thinking about getting a dog for a little while now. We were originally going for somthing small and prefrably as a puppy because our dalmation was from a shelter and he ended up being a nightmare. Well, we re-thought and decided to go down to wood green animal shelter to see what they were like there. Their dogs were absolutly wonderful! We spent pretty much the whole dy down there and in the end fell head over heels in love with Indie. So we signed the papers and in hope that getting written permission for the shelter to see that says we are allowed to have a dog in the house is as easy as the first time, offered to take him home yesterday, however, the system changed. Before we even new what hastle it was to get these papers we had already booked a vets oppointment and had other things arranged to do. We phoned up our housing assosiation who said they could get us in touch with the landlord quicker and even though we've been kept waiting a day the landlord rang up this morning and even offered to fax the papers straight over to the shelter! So everythings good. We've been on the phone to the shelter to so they are getting Indie ready for us and now all we have to do is ring back at 11am. In the mean time we are going to buy Indie lots of new stuff and I'll try my best to keep you updated from there.
Indie is a Black & tan GSD collie cross, he is 6 years old and was bought into the shelter as a stray, but from there progressed into a lovely family dog. He yet has to be neutered, but as I say thats getting sorted out, we took him for a walk at the shelter and he is brilliant on the lead so everything is fab!- Hopefully I'll get up some piccies soon to!
I can't wait!!
xx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pipi my hamster
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 04:59 AM
Will It Ever Change?

yay that's wonderful! congrats can't wait for a pic

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 06:11 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

yay i'm so excited for you, i can't wait until i can get a dog!!

[/CENTER]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 04:46 PM

congrats! can't wait for pictures.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 06:19 PM
Hello Earthling

Congrats.

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Zippy Chickenshorts

Well, Indies home
He was far more out going and up front than we thought he would be; Came straight into the house, over to his toys and straight away he just wanted to play, it was so good! Also, we have not heard a peep from him, even with all those dogs down the road barking at him he hasn't made one noise, didn't even do so much as look at them. I'm so proud of him
I'm certain that Indie has been in a home before, I mean, he is so good in the house! WOW! He won't go up stairs, he just waits at the bottom for us, he comes when we call, sits, lays down, stays, just everything! Compaired to our dalmation he is the best dog in the world. He is so sooo eager to please us aswell. When we tell him to sit for a treat, not only does he sit, but he automatically tries to give you his paw and once we've given him his treat he gives us a lick to say thank you and he is just so well behaved!
The only thing with have to worl on is basic commands on the lead, like, heal and we want to try to get him to sit and wait at the side of the road.
The only other thing is that he likes to chase things. So we don't know when w'll be able to let him of the lead. Bless him, though
He is just the perfect angel, I've truly been blessed

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 04:14 PM
Hello Earthling

He sounds like the perfect doggy.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Zippy Chickenshorts

My camera battery is on charge, you'll have to wait for piccies LOL
It was quite funny when we've been on walks because people seem to back off when they see a big german shepard (cross) coming when actually he is the one backing off from dogs smaller than him hehehehe

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

Last edited by laydeerodentzz; 08-07-2008 at 04:22 PM.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

Aw, sounds like a great dog! I can't wait to see pics. And major kudos for getting a larger, adult dog.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 12:35 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I can't wait to see the pics. Sounds like a sweet dog

--------------------
~Marcia

--------------------------

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 03:59 PM
RAT ADDICT

Congrats!!! He sounds like a great dog! I cannot wait to see pictures.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
Zippy Chickenshorts

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 04:06 PM
RAT ADDICT

He is a HUGE cutie!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *