Bruce is a genius! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

Bruce is a genius!

Not really.

This morning he ate some chicken bones. My fault, I didn't realize he could get into the trash can. We use a very big one, just so they can't. But there was a box next to it and he jumped right it.

He swallowed a whole piece the size of my pinkie. I don't know how much he had ate before I caught him.

I took him to the vet and they did an X-ray. There are a lot of small pieces and one big piece that I had saw him swallow.

She said cooked chicken bones are easier to pass than raw. She wasn't worried about the little pieces, but the large piece he might have trouble with.

He will have diarrhea but Im supposed to watch for bloating and vomiting. If that happens I have to take him back in immediately. They will probably have to surgically remove it.

Great morning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 09:52 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

aw.. that sucks, but lots and lots of dogs have passed chicken and other birds bones... hope things turn out good

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Bruce is my pug, so he is just a little guy. Thankfully I can stay home from work to keep an eye one him. Better safe than sorry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 11:22 AM

awww..i'm sorry. that does prove to be a crappy morning. He'll be fine though (*yells at bruce* "why do you haave to stress out your mommy?!??!?") hehe
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 12:44 PM
The Title Fairy Was Here

im sure he'll be fine i no alot of people that feed there dogs on raw meat and bones

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Come see more of my fur babies at
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 01:59 PM
Will It Ever Change?

wow! my gosh! accidents happen, just forgive yourself and take care of brucie. i hope he passes it all okay. is there any foods that help loosen up stool? rice or cooked groud beef? *sigh* best wishes!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 02:49 PM

Actually they use rice to bind things back up. Good luck with everything Amber!!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 05:57 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by storminstaffs
im sure he'll be fine i no alot of people that feed there dogs on raw meat and bones

eek that could be very dangerous...the bones that is. I know stray dogs have no choice ..they eat what they find. But its not good for them to eat bones...can cause lotz of problems. I would feel horrible if i gave my dogs bones knowing it isnt so good for them and could cause major probs and then something happened.

And Bruce...what were u thinking!! Mommy feeds you well, you dont need to go looking in the trash!
Amber i hope Bruce will be okay..im sure he will be with such an attentive mommy
(pinch Bruces little curly tail for me..hehe)

Lve Never Fails

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 06:04 PM

Aww, poor Bruce! I hope he can pass it on his own.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 06:38 PM
Still Waiting

Aw, I am sorry that really sucks. Things like that happen though. Give Bruce some for me!

Rest in peace my sweet babies; Sweetie and Butterz.
You will forever be missed
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 06:57 PM
Title Thief Victim

GAh...i hope he will be ok!

Carissasaurus Rex