bunny hutch as a dog house? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

bunny hutch as a dog house?

My neighbors have a bunny hutch outside of their house. I assumed it was for a rabbit. So I emailed her all my bunny information. well, I found out from someone else that it's not a rabbit they are putting in there but a beagle puppy! Has anyone heard of this? It's a beautiful hutch but it's not meant for a dog. And it won't be big enough for him for long. Also the bottom is wire mesh - which rabbits shouldn't be kept on so I would guess puppies shouldn't either.

Oh the same neighbors have already had an Airedale puppy. They put a fence up for him. At one point he feel down a storm drain (no idea how he did that) and 2 other neighbors had to fish him out. He was fine. He was too much dog for him so they found him another home. I respect that part. Much better than just leaving him in the yard or at the SPCA. But then they took down the fence they put up! They have a nice amount of property too! And with 3 kids I don't see why they took it down.
They had a bird. It flew away.
They had a kitten. It ran away.
When the kitten ran away they didn't even look for her! No flyers in the mailboxes. No knocks on the door. No flyers posted in the neighborhood. No emails sent out to the neighbors. NOTHING!
I can see not doing anything about the bird, I guess. I would have tried to find it but with wings it could have been anywhere quickly.
Jay and I are taking bets on how long it will be before the dog runs away. I already have a home lined up for it.
I have a full house and have it under control. I have not lost anyone yet. Sure Belle and Frank have both gotten out the front door on me - but I knew they were out there!
Okay I thought I lost the turtle once but he was in the yard the entire time - happily sleeping.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 10:12 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

people are silly. my uncle infact is stupid. He has a big yellow lab that gets out of his kennel maybe 6 times a year, He also used to raise bunnies for meat for people and got tired of it and just dumped them out in my dads feild. most got aten by cats! idiot.

He just got a new puppy now too!

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 10:27 PM

People like this shouldn't have animals. Is there any way you could inform them about raising a puppy and training and such? It sounds to me like they need someone explaining to them proper animal care....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 10:29 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

oh their animals are trained well, and behave well until they are tired of them 6-9 months later

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 10:32 PM
Title Thief Victim

People are dumb..I was sitting outside one day and my naighbor's dog got loose and got hit by a car in front of me..i just about died. but 3 of her dogs got hit by a car and passed away.(we live on a very busy road) and he cat cat eaten by a fox :-( thankfully she didnt get anymore animals but my gosh people def should get animals if they wont take proper care of them.

Carissasaurus Rex

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 12:27 AM
RAT ADDICT

Oh no! That is not cool...unfortunatly yes,I have seen this and heard of this...ALL the time actually.I am with the local beagle rescue group,Beagle Paws.

Beagles are badly abused here in Newfoundland.They are kepy in small kennels,like the one you mentioned,often with wire floors and no room.Their paws get all torn up from the floors,they get dirty,they are often fed little or nothing...etc! Here is a link to show you what I mean...

Are your neighbours using this beagle for hunting or just keeping it? Beagles whether hunting or not,should be kepy indoors.There are alot of myths about them as well.

Lost Beagles

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 09:27 AM

That is so sad. I say this as our beagle is sound asleep on our bed, under our covers with his head on my pillow. Why can't everyone cherish their pets like we all do here on PT?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 02:37 PM

HEY!!! There's an idea! invite them to PT...maybe they could learn a thing or two?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 08:13 AM
Salamander Burgermuffin

thats horrible. but sadly Ive heard of people doing that too.. actually.. if its the kinda of rabbit hutch I'm thinking of, its prolly better than what most people would do.. poor puppy.. i really hate people sometimes... I think Labs are the most abused around or neglected around here.. when we were looking for Minnie's owner.. we went and asked at the shelter.. and the lady at the shelter looked so depressed when we told her it was a lab mix.. she said labs are soo popular around here, that people treat them like disposable pets.. if something happens to theres they just go out and buy a new one.. i almost cried when she told me that, what a horrid thing to say, but i believe her.. as much as i dont want to i do..

My Furry Family
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 02:53 AM
RAT ADDICT

Awww...that sucks! Labs are really popular round here being from here and all ...fortunatly they are not badly abused here.It's the beagles we have abuse cases with mostly...

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *

Tags
animal care, beagle paws, lab mix, wire mesh, yellow lab