Cancer, how can I make his last days better - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Cancer, how can I make his last days better

my lab has cancer for the 3 time, the first 2 times it was in his mouth and he got surgery but this time its spreed. the vet gave him some medication for pain ect. but when we give him that we can not give him his arthritis medication.

he probably has at most 8 weeks

dose any one have any suggestions homeopathic wise for arthritis, or any thing to make him happier?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 10:34 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

When my dachshund had arthritis, we used to let him have heated blankets and stuff. Keeping them warm seems to help with the achy-ness. A neat thing you can do is to sew a pouch with a dish towel and fill it with long grain rice. Then you can heat the pouch in the microwave (about 2 minutes) and it gives off a really nice moist heat that even helps with human aches. Make sure to wrap the pouch in a blanket or something before putting it on. Sometimes they can be too hot for direct contact. It is best to test it on yourself first.

Another thing you can do for warmth is to put hot water in a mason jar used for canning and wrap that in a blanket.

I would just spend a lot of time petting him and spending time with him. If you can't be home, you could hire a pet sitter or get a neighbor kid to come be with him. I think the company will make him happy. That's all my dog wanted when he was at the end of his time. Just do you best and I'm sure he will appreciate it.

--------------------
~Marcia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

--------------------------

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 11:20 AM
Adolescent Pup

I had an acupuncturist come out to the house for my dog's arthritis. It seems strange, but he really seemed to like it and it did help with his pain. You can ask your vet if he knows of one in your area.

Tags
dog cancer